Tri-V lens cap sales thread

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
A big thank you goes to Dave and fasteddie for getting the ball rolling on this. You can thank Dave as well for making a master for me to work off of.:twothumbs

Fasteddie and I decided that it would be easier for me to handle the sales and shipping of these due to the circumstances. Since the production is going to take awhile(2 months?), if shipping them to fasteddie was to make much sense, we would have to wait to the end when they could all be sent over in one box. On top of that since we both happen to live in the lovely state of Texas I would have to charge sales tax on all the monies collected and transferred over. At least that's my understanding of it. What I will do instead is ship directly as they yield. I will probably ship like once every week or two when I have built up a few to make traveling to the post office more efficient.

Instead of having everyone list what they want here I will just go by your orders. When you pay just let me know what colors the payment is for by leaving a message in the box provided during payment. Orders will be filled in roughly the order they are received. I say roughly because if I see I will need two or three of the same color and it is one of the harder to mix up it makes more sense to do them all in one run.

From Left to right: Cast aluminum---Bright Red---Transmissive Black---Liquid Titanium---Glow
PICT0888.jpg

Gold
PICT0804.jpg

Java Black
PICT0841.jpg

Cast Titanium

PICT0801.jpg

Pink Pearl
PICT0805.jpg

Blue

PICT0815.jpg

Blue Marble
PICT0818.jpg

Translucent colors

PICT0804-1.jpg

First is the control which is lit by an incan.
PICT0812.jpg

Translucent Green

PICT0817.jpg

Translucent Red

PICT0814.jpg

Translucent Blue

PICT0813.jpg

Pricing Structure

This is basically decided by the difficulty of the color in question. The cast titanium for example took me a really long time to try and capture the subtle color evident. It is not going to be shiny like your light of course but hopefully will get close to the color it would be if rough cast.

---Transmissive Black $10

---Translucent Blue $12

---Translucent Green $12

---Translucent Red $12

---Cast aluminum $13

---Solid Gold $13

---Blue $13

---Pink Pearl $14

---Liquid Titanium $14

---Java Black $14

---Glow $14

---Bright Red $16

---Marble ( can specify any two colors) $20

---Cast Titanium $25 (extremely difficult to mix)

So is this all you can do Michael?
Of course not! I am working on a few more options such as a splatter two-tone. I will post the prices and pics of those when and if they turn out. There is far more than I can manage to post here. Translucent colors like Cobalt blue or Ruby Red. If you don't find what you want chances are I can make it. Don't however just assume I can make something or what the price might be if it is not listed. Send any inquiries to the email address listed at the bottom.

I can also custom color match your favorite teams color or colors. There are some limitations but I will do my best to fulfill your request. This will require you to send me whatever you want matched. When the part is ready to ship the item will be returned along with the cap. The price for this? $38

Just to make things easier everything will be shipped USPS Priority flat rate. $5 to the US and $14 to the rest of the world. If you are ordering multiple items the shipping is only charged once.
The only exception to this is if you chose the custom color match and the article you sent will need shipped back. If it does not fit in an envelope then there will be an up-charge for shipping that item back. Also Texas residents will be charged Texas sales tax at 8.25%.

So to recap. Choose your color/colors and add them up. Add to that the appropriate shipping amount to arrive at your total. Send this amount along via paypal with a note of the requested colors to the email listed at the bottom of this post.

What to expect.
Although every effort has been made to make "perfect" parts one must keep in mind the limitations of my setup. There will be a part line on the back side of the cap as well as an injection point. I focused my efforts to make sure the front looks as good as possible since that is the side you see with it fitted.

Also keep in mind that there are quite possibly differences in both how my camera/lighting renders the real thing and differences in how your screen may render them apart from reality.

Thanks guys! -Michael

PICT0891-1.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely Amazing job on these! :eek:
A HUGE THANKS to all involved!:bow::bow::twothumbs:thumbsup:

I'll take the following :

1 X Cast Titanium
1 X Transmissive Black
1 X Transmissive Red
1 X Solid Gold
+ USPS Shipping
Total: $65

:paypal:Pay-Pal Sent :wave:

(Unique Transaction ID #62A91041EE117873W)

Last edited:

ledcarry

Enlightened
Hi Michael,

Here's my cap order.

Cast Titanium 25 X 2 = $50
Bright Red 16 X 2 = $32
Transmissive Black 10 X 2 = $20
USPS Priority Shipping = $5

Total $107

PayPal Payment sent and provided confirmation by PM.

Thanks again to Fast Eddie and to you for all your great help in completing this project. It was great to have some great color choices too. :thumbsup:

JM

Last edited:

taewoopa

Enlightened
My order is

Glow $14
Bright Red $16
Cast Titanium $25

International shipping 14$

total = 69 $

:paypal:

Transaction ID: 8HY19430E66431836

I will also sent my address to your email.

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
bright red = 16
black = 10
glow = 14
2 of cast titanium = 50
blue = 13

shipping = 5

total = 108

fasteddie

Enlightened
1 - Translucent Red $16 (Changed from bright red)
1 - Cast ti $25
2 - Glow $28
2 - Submissive Black $20

Ooops. I mean Transmissive Black. :sssh:
Shipping $5
Total $94

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael,

Here's my cap order.

Transmissive Black 10 X 2 = $20
USPS Priority Shipping = $5

Total $25

Thanks! :thumbsup:

:paypal:

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Translucent Cobalt blue or Ruby Red would be incredible! I want one of each.

Do you degas (vacuum) these rubbers?

elnino

Enlightened
PayPal payment has been sent for (1) Bright Red and (1) Cast Titanium lens caps. Thanks.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to drop by and say this is one of the nicest looking aftermarket flashlight "accessories" I've ever seen. Everyone who brought this to fruition did an excellent job! I don't have a Tri-V and probably never will and I'm still tempted to buy one! lol

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black $10
Glow $14
Int'l 14
Total $38
Paypal on it's way, edited, paypal sent. I cant find that nice lil icon.
Thanks

Last edited:

derangboy

Enlightened
I'm down for a Ruby Red as well! Can you nail down a price? Or hold my order so I don't have to pay shipping twice?