The first LED flashlight to break the 700K cp mark

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is to announce that I broke the 700K cp threshold with an LED.

Some may wonder why I'm starting a new thread instead of continuing this in the other record breaking thread. Since this is a new platform(diff diameter) I felt it would be best to keep the thread understandable as to what light was being discussed therein.

This is a larger light than the normal DEFT(Effective diameter 66mm). The effective diameter of this new light is 101mm which is roughly the same size as the SR90's head. This is just the beginning. I actually was well over 700K cp but I won't say by how much. I have some more fine tuning to do.

This uses the same technology I developed for the other record so really what you are seeing is just the improvements from a larger lens system. It is fun seeing what is possible.

The distance in these next shots is 3,757'/1,145 meters which is about 3/4 of a mile. The shots were taken at the max zoom of my camera.

The control
PICT0842.jpg

400K cp DEFT
PICT0843.jpg

650K cp DEFT
PICT0845.jpg

700K+ cp 101mm
PICT0848.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
:faint: This is great news! I was wondering when we would hear from you again since going past 600K CP. Keep up the great work. We are all cheering for you now, 1 million CP is almost close enough to taste. Is this the EZ900 or 1000?

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: Very impressive gains. I love to see an intellegent CPF member always improving on what is an allready impressive product. I still love my DEFT FTP and DEFT HO. Thanks for your products. lovecpf

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not again, Michael,

I just got my BFL 4.5" (115mm) lens system in, got over 300K lux, was going to over drive the SST-50 to 9Amp & catch up your 400K lux number. Now you bring out a 700K? Maybe I should just give up :banghead:

at least my lens is bigger :crackup:

Just kidding, great job man! When will you share the "secret"? the EZ900 R2 + the reflection Collar system + direct solder to copper :thinking:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3543977#post3543977.

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats, 1M here we come!
Yes I imagine I'll have surpassed that mark before the year is out.

Is this the EZ900 or 1000?
EZ1000

When will you share the "secret"? the EZ900 R2 + the reflection Collar system + direct solder to copper :thinking:
I don't know when. I am not using the collar though. This is something I developed myself that is superior to the collar. I'd like to let the cat out of the bag now but it is not protected by any patents and I don't have the cash to get it protected at the moment. Its kind of frustrating to be honest. I wouldn't mind being bought out by someone who will be able to take advantage of all my designs and just fund my R+D.

BTW This is also only ez1000 so as you know there is more room for improvement. Time to go get some pics.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I wonder where you would be if you had the EZ900. A 20-30% increase in surface brightness would pretty much put you right around 1 million CP!

That would be cool if someone would sponsor you and then you could just focus on R+D instead of the business aspect, too. Great work, keep us updated as you make more progress. This is one of the most exciting things going on at CPF, for me, at least.:twothumbs

jsholli

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm...larger diameter, possibly giving room for 18650s instead of AAs? I'm all ears, and I'll try to start saving up now Michael!!! :naughty: