Whats the most expensive flashlight you have ever lost?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I had been doing pretty good up to this point. I have many lights and lots of them are on the smaller scale, but I have never lost one of them.

Until now. Its been missing for a bit over a week and I cant for the life of me find it anywhere. It is my beloved new 200 lumen Surefire E2DL. About $140 to replace it new... :shakehead

So come on guys, make me feel better by telling me how you lost a much more expensive light! :whistle:

notinthedark

Newly Enlightened
Although your surefire is more moola than my lost $86 JETBeam rrt-o, I think the feeling is the same. It has been five days now. I did use another torch to reflect off a P6 reflector years ago in the snow. What a joyous feeling that was when it winked back.

"UPDATE" 3/17/12
WOW, I had loaned this light to friends while we were doing some charitable work. Some follow up work needed to be done and low and behold the light was found in a ceiling space. Interestingly enough I looked in the same ceiling about a month ago and decided I was going to quit looking..... Many knew I was missing a light and it was returned to me, and of course I rewarded accordingly. I think I was more excited getting it the second time :)

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
HDS Ra Clicky 140.

I lost it in the Ouachita National Forest while I was hiking - my chance of finding it too was nil since the forest is huge and I hiked for miles. I was bummed out but I loved the Ra Clicky so much I had to get it replaced.
I've had my replacement for about a year now - I won't let it out of my sight! :D

CLHC

Flashaholic
SF.10X.Dominator

After my move, can't find it anymore. Hopefully it wasn't in one of the boxes I threw out!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 10X Dominator?!? OUCH!!! Hope it's just misplaced and not really lost.

For me, a SureFire E2 went AWOL years ago, never to be seen again. Soon thereafter, I thought I had lost an E1, but happily it turned up awhile later.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
I lost a Surefire 6P Defender with a Malkoff M60 in it, but I got it back.

It was left in a vehicle that we thought to be stolen. Turned out it was impounded by the police, and wrongfully so. Expired tags, but a legitimate temporary DMV placard was properly placed. That a person with a badge and gun with this level of incompetence is scary.

The tow yard guy commented "It's been a very long time since I had to send a bill back to the Roseville PD."

My boss was hurt by this a lot more than I was, but I'm damn glad I got my light back. Funny thing too - I was having problems with the switch on it before this happened. Now it seems to be working fine...

But I think I'll be calling Surefire and getting that tailcap replaced at some point...

sgt253

Enlightened
About 3.5 years ago one of my McGizmo's seemed to sprout legs and walk out of my locked office. Never to be found again. I still am sore about it.

Ian2381

Enlightened
I lost a stainless steel ITP A3 which is far less expensive than what others lost but I lost it together with my Keys. :(

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just lost my high CRI Clicky which also had a black bezel on it, but although it's still a bummer, the one that really scared me was the couple days when I thought my Tri-V was gone! Thankfully I found that one...

beerwax

Enlightened
About 3.5 years ago one of my McGizmo's seemed to sprout legs and walk out of my locked office. Never to be found again. I still am sore about it.
wonder if you could fit a gps tracking chip to a mcgizmo.

i lost me fenix lod a while back. it went overboard. gave mean excuse to get a new one bit i missed it for a while.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Ra Clicky 140.

Been there, done that. Left it at an airport security checkpoint in the Middle East. Got a Ra Tactical 140 replacement.

Lost a SF U2 somewhere, maybe in the house, it might still turn up someday. Bought a couple more just to have one to use and a hot spare in the box. Gave two others to my wife and her brother.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing too expensive. A Peak Pacific CR2. I hope it's just lost somewhere around the house and it will show up some day, but it's been a few years now.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I too lost my E2DL, not too long after first getting it. I was having a coffee and it slipped out of the front pocket of my trousers, still don't understand how, or at least why. Surprisingly, in a place frequented by cops :) , I got it back. I'd showed it off to enough people that someone recognised it as mine and turned it in at the counter, where I retreived it during my frantic return visit about 30 minutes later.

jugg2

Enlightened
I lost a L4 almost a year ago... Thankfully I was able to find a mint LuxV replacement though!

cziv

Newly Enlightened
I lost my 3, "C" cell Mag-light flashlight. I'm going to be upgrading very son I hope with some direction from CPF. :thumbsup:

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Gave my oldest son an Inova T4 and even though I didn't drop it, I was coonhunting with him when he dropped it in a small muddy ditch. Dug around in the mud but never found it. Still hurt my feelings though.

yags1

Newly Enlightened
i lost my fenix tank while running thru a parking lot never to find it again:mad: