Knife designer looking for custom knife makers

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated with drawings (scroll down)

Guys, I just found out about this forum. I design knives and was wondering if there are any custom knife makers here that would like to make some of my designs?

Since most make little or no money, I don't really expect money, I just want my name on the knife and on any publicity like pics, articles, etc.

Should you go mainstream, then yes, I would like to share in your fortunes.

Also, I reserve the right to my design.

Anyone interested?

George

Last edited:

bushidomosquito

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you'll get anyone to agree to make your knives without showing us some designs. There are plenty of knife makers out there but they mostly design their own knives. I don't know of many guys with the investment in equipment and time learning the techniques that can't also design. Knowing how to do it fuels the design process. Knives are designed around the processes that a given maker can accomplish with their skills and tools.

I found these designs on a forum,
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25369.0;attach=25291;image
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25369.0;attach=25287;image
and I was so blown away by it that I'm going to make it exactly as it appears and give design credit to the maker with his logo on the frame. But then it's very similar to what I'm doing and very well rendered. Even then it will most likely only be a one off just to show I can. I wouldn't have been as impressed by a sketch. That's the kind of impact you'll have to make on someone if you expect your name to go on their work. And it's good that you don't expect money because they likely will, from you.

Let's see what you got.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty knives. I"m sure he won't mind but do you think he would be interested in some outside design?

Sorry that I haven't replied sooner. I rely on notification of replies and if I don't get them, I simply think
that no one has replied.

I may have to post some I designed for another guy that showed interest that never bore fruit.

Thanks

George

DamonL

Newly Enlightened
Post your request in the custom section of Bladeforums. I am sure someone will grind a knife for you.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I wanted to see if someone wanted to make them and sell them as I'd like to see my design/s sold but I may also
get someone to make me a few of these.

Thanks

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I thought I had posted this link before. Click the graphic to enlarge it.

Here's the latest one in a buttload of different versions starting from the top.

I'll send you a larger version.

George