How do you EDC?

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
There are lots of ways to carry a light around all day. Some that I can think of are:

Loose in pocket
Pocket clip
Belt clip
Belt pouch
Keychain
Bag (i.e. work bag/backpack, or handbag)
Bionic eye

For me, it's:

Keychain: Photon Light II. I carry this 99% of the time.
Bag (work): Quark Mini123. I also throw it in a pocket if I wear cargo shorts, but it mainly lives in my work bag.

So, I was wondering how everyone here carries their lights with them every day. I'd like to make a poll, but I want to ensure I didn't leave out any carry options first.

EDIT: Changed my format a bit.

Last edited:

Ian2381

Enlightened
Pocket clip - Nitecore D10/ZebralightSC50w
Keychain - Lumintop worm SS/Fenix LD01 SS
Bag (Backpack/Handbag)- Solarforce L2M, Akoray K106 and several photons

I always bring at least 2 lights when I don't carry a bag.

When I'm in the house, I have with me the D10 or SC50w all the time and Fenix LD40 at arms reach.
If I will be needing a different light for different application I'll just go back to my room and choose whatever is needed.

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
Loose in right front pocket. Unless my S&W 640 is in there and then... depends on if its Winter or not.
Sometimes I have to go to a belt holster. I hate looking like Batman. :-(cell phone,knife, light all carried on my belt)

S1LVA

Enlightened
Pocket Clip - McGizmo 6V Mule

Loose in pocket - Spy 007
- Brass Logan #8
- SF E1E (sometimes clipped)
- M31WLL in VME on E1E body
- Torchlab triple on 2x18500 body

Holster - Spy 007 (rarely)

I prefer my lights to have a good clip. My collection is pretty thin at the moment though. Most of my lights are small enough to drop into a pocket easliy and comfortably.

S1LVA

Death's Head

Enlightened
Flashlight like a Mac's Custom EDC clipped on my left pocket or in a Concealco Holster. Photon or Klarus AAAA on my keychain.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been lucky and found AOTH Holsters for most of the custom lights I carry,

p1030982w.jpg

I'm getting some Gator Holsters made for my Hinderer knives, so I can pocket carry the others :)

Last edited:

Raggasonic

Newly Enlightened
- Clipped on my front left pocket : 1 of these 3 : spa defense 120, novatac 120E (hacked) or Aleph 19 (GD1000, neutral tint XRE-Q4)
- On my keychain : NS RAW (200/100)

Xacto

Enlightened
Surefire V70 holster on the belt with one of three Surefire 6P hosts, a Z2L loose in the upper vest pocket and the current new toy, a Thrunite Scorpion in the left side pocket of the vest. One 1AA light and a Fenix E01 loose in the right front pocket of my jeans.

Cheers
Thorsten

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only true EDC is an Arc AAA on my keychain. About 5-6 days out of 7 I carry my G2 LED in a cargo pocket. The G2 will soon be replaced by a Xeno E03.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holsters for work, pocket carry during weekends (smaller lights). I've been kicking myself to get an ITP and put that on my keys.

Has anyone ever made a poll about this?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a keychain light on my keyring as well as an LD01 on my Leatherman pouch on my belt. If it's dark and I plan on being outside I usually carry my TK45 in my hand or a backpack. I really should pick up a holster for the TK45!

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I go with:
- Quark 123 S2 in holster in front right pocket
- LD20 in Maxpedition Operator Bag with extra batteries for both.

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
I have either a Fenix ld01 or a Quark mini cr2 on my keychain depending on if I am in my car or my girlfriends. Then I carry a Quark regular AA with a 14500 loose in my pocket. If I know I will need a light and bulging pockets are not an issue I will carry the Fenix pd31 with an 18650.

scout24

Flashaholic
One always on my keychain. EO1 or Warm Mako. Primary EDC clipped on my LF pants/shorts pocket always. I'll pocket carry others in addition, but these two spots are all the time, regardless.

jdboy

Enlightened
I keep a ITP A1 EOS SS on a S-biner and my 6P is hooked to a lanyard and dropped in my left front pocket.

picture.php

notrefined

Enlightened
Peak eiger loose in cargo pocket (soon to be high CRI brass eiger) outside of work
Streamlight microstream clipped to waistband of scrubs at work (soon to be high CRI SS peak el capitan)
SF E2E with 3-mode steve ku LED module in briefcase
Mag 3C ROP in briefcase
SF E2E with IMR-E2 lamp clipped to inside vest pocket of jacket if it's cold out