Looking for an 12 Volt Led Work light for a truck bed

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I need a 12volt light for my truck bed with atleast the following:

1- 400 lumens flood min
2-black hard-anodized aluminum water resistant hsg
3- 10 ft cord with a quality cigarette lighter plug will be powered from the hitch connector
4- adjustable mount if possible but need a secure mount more
5- flood lens able to light as much of the bed as possible

any ideas or suggestions are appreciated

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you might have to either buy a ready made device or just build your own.

This is Australian but its an example of what is readily available just about every where - they're all the same re-badged design. As far as I can tell it meets all your requirements

Vinniec5

Enlightened
just bought the second one you suggested and will solder a lighter plug on it tomorrow and attach a magnet mount too. looks like it will work perfect thx

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered strip LEDs?

Attach them to the sides of the bed...under the overhanging top part.

Use "Outdoor Goop" (or marine goop, or automotive goop) to attach them. I use it for HAM radio / coax installations on trucks, and it has never failed me yet, except that it looks a bit like wet snot after it's dried. Caulking tubes are easily available online and at some better hardware stores.

EDIT: This guy has a cool idea, that I hope to copy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B778nRKIBFo
Without his video, I would have put the strips facing down, and wired them to a switch in the cab. His way, when I turn off my running lights, the bed lights are killed.

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I did recycled, and even bought them. but they aren't bright enough to work under. look great and are fine for general lighting. I need something to work under thats bright and waterproof. with this light I bought I can change a flat/load up the bed/work under the hood of mine or another vehicle/and use it for backup scene lighting if I have a call out and need gear from my truck bed. If it works well i will pick up a second one and make one a fixed mount in the bed

KMD

Newly Enlightened
Any idea on the run time of the ones you bought? Look perfect for my fork lift.