Check out my YouTube channel! . . . All Instructional Videos are listed here

Re: New intro video for my website!

I quite like "Dark Sucks" for a brand name, at least it isn' t conventional..

I' m going to check on your video..

wildweed

Newly Enlightened

Like the video ! About the name... I do like one I can pronounce LOL!

Last edited:

After "In bed with madonna"....
Here's :
"In workshop with Jason"

Excellente videos!!!

Last edited:

AO JAR

Newly Enlightened

Dark sucks is way cooler!

egrep

Enlightened

Wow Jason. What a great video! I feel even closer to my light and it's maker now than ever. I'm gonna put that video on a small metal flash drive and keep it on a leash with the very nice bag it came in.

We're all looking forward to your next project so hurry up! :thumbsup:

egrep

Enlightened

I'll stop by and pick it up before Thanksgiving! Did I possibly leave a Moddoo clip? Or you mean the stock POS? :)

romteb

Enlightened

Very nice vid, great editing, i may be in the minority in this thread but i like the name Prometheus lights much, much, better than Dark sucks.(wich i must say i find juvenile and irritating, yeah i'm not cool i know)

Good point Romteb and Promotheus is also just spot on for a flashlight. The god of light..Couldn' t find a better analogy. The creature who brought the light under the shape of a thunderlight to the gods and therefor became a god too..
But I still prefer D.S

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Very nice vid, great editing, i may be in the minority in this thread but i like the name Prometheus lights much, much, better than Dark sucks.(wich i must say i find juvenile and irritating, yeah i'm not cool i know)

You're not alone. :) I think "Dark Sucks" is funny, but for a serious company name? Meh.

Prometheus is great, however "Prometheus Lights" sounds weird - I'd ditch the "Lights".

Either way, great video! I've been away from CPF too long, and haven't even heard of you or what you're up to... it's REALLY great to see your sub-forum blossoming!

:thumbsup: john

Hi Jason,

I really enjoyed the video, found it after seeing this picture: * on the "Best LOOKING Flashlight ever" thread. Being 54 and not a hipster by any sense of the term, I also question the marketability of Dark Sucks. How many 20+ year-olds are there who can afford a $200 plus flashlight?
Your selling beautiful high-end flashlights, your business name should be a worthy reflection.
BTW: Thanks for turning me into a Fanboy. :scowl: .....at 54, it certainly isn't a moniker I wear proudly.

~ Chance

* Edit: I just checked out your website:
Prometheus Lights. Looks great, keep the name.

DSC_0024.jpg

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened

Chance,

I am 22 and I have two of Jason's lights. And I still want more :)

S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened

I like Jason's take on the phrase "dark sucks"

The company name is whatever he wants it to be, but "dark sucks" is a great slogan or tagline for a flashlight company.

S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened

On the other hand, I have gotten used to calling my lights my "Dark Sucks - Alpha"

S1LVA

dy5

Newly Enlightened

I'm with Chance on this (and not only because I'm even further down the road ...). If I hadn't seen a positive mention in an EDC forum, I would not have clicked on a link that said 'Dark Sucks.' For me, anyway, that conjures up images of big, black lights with fins and spines all over, with mega-lumen ratings, and with vague associations to personal defense. That certainly doesn't fit the refined and lovely lights you are producing, even if they are 'tough.'
David