best 5.75" high beam?

old_

Newly Enlightened
I'm working on a car with separate 5.75" high and low lamps. I'd love to get cibie CSR's high and low but I can't find any for sale. From what I understand the hella bi-focus is the next best option for the low beam. What should I go with for the high beam? any input would be great
thanks

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
CSRs aren't made any more :-(
Bi-focus Hella is the best 5.75" halogen low beam.

I like either of the Cibie high beams (flat lens for wider beam, convex lens for longer beam) better than Hella or any other.

old_

Newly Enlightened
thank you. Do you know if photometric data sheets are available for any of the various 5.75" highs? I always find them interesting.

thanks again

DenCon

Newly Enlightened
How about JW Speaker LED lamps?
I spotted them on a big rig in town...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrrrrr

Newly Enlightened
I'm working on a car with separate 5.75" high and low lamps. I'd love to get cibie CSR's high and low but I can't find any for sale. From what I understand the hella bi-focus is the next best option for the low beam. What should I go with for the high beam? any input would be great
thanks
How does HELLA Bifocals High and Low compare?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
How does HELLA Bifocals High and Low compare?

There is no Bifocal high beam. The Hella Bifocal low beam was the best 5.75" halogen low beam, but it is no longer manufactured. Dan Stern might still have some, and there might be other caches of them stashed here and there.

Koito makes two different 5.75" H1 high beams, one with ECE photometrics and one with JIS (Japanese) photometrics. I like them both better than the Hella 5.75" H1 high beam (I got one of each from Stern when he pinged me about them last year)

Hamilton Felix said:
I love the old curved lens Cibie H1 high beam. Are they no longer available? I'd better take care of the ones I have.

Well, they were still available when I bought a pair (from guess who, LOL) two months ago for my father in law's old Ambassador.