Post your Photos - Part 2

Greta

Flashaholic
Let's get another one of these going.... continued from HERE. I'll kick it off with a couple I took at the balloon fest this past weekend... :)

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That last pic is like a herd of friendly balloons migrating to their home, the sky. :)

JDM

Newly Enlightened
Greta,
Where did you take your balloon pictures posted above? I absolutely love the mountains in the background in your second picture from the top. Is that Lake Mead? Wherever it is, it is just beautiful.

Greta

Flashaholic
Greta,
Where did you take your balloon pictures posted above? I absolutely love the mountains in the background in your second picture from the top. Is that Lake Mead? Wherever it is, it is just beautiful.

Lake Havasu City... on the Colorado River. It was our 2nd Annual Balloon Fest. I found out at 7:30 AM that the mass ascension was at 8:00 AM so I threw on jeans and a sweatshirt, stuffed my hair under a ball cap and ran down to the beach hoping no one would recognize me looking like such a transient... LOL :eek: It was my 50th birthday so I was very pleased to have so many beautiful balloons for my birthday... :grin2: Yes, the back-drop was stunning!! :wow:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering how much the folks here at CPF like the darkness, I thought that it would be appropriate to post a couple of pictures from my Carlsbad Caverns set. That place is simply amazing. I included walkways in both shots to lend a sense of scale to the landscape.

"Jim White Tunnel"

We spent the day there last year. I do no recall the colors you have in your pictures. I took lots of pictures using a flash, most of the colors shown are shades of white to grey

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The caverns were dimly lit. I did not bring in a tripod and hand held long exposures were not possible. I am sure I drowned out the colors with the flash. Your pictures are really great....

next time I am there - remember - bring a tripod..

unnerv

Enlightened
I live in San Bruno, where the big gas line explosion happened about 1/2 mile from me. Here is one I snapped from my drive way of the sun setting through the heat shimmer from the fire.

IMG_1830.jpg

don.gwapo

Enlightened
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Tarsiers. They are now endangered. Cat, eagle often mistaken them as a mouse that's why they make them as a prey. :shakehead.