DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
DEFT-edc LR+ - Long live the new king!
Well I just don't give up pushing for more and more power and I hope you all enjoy the fruits of my labors. The DEFT-edc production is almost completely done now and just about everything you see up on my site is it.(aside from a limited edition edc enthusiast @$349 to come) I wanted to give the edc family a good seeing off and so have made two special models that will I think will be a good way to do just that. Nothing satisfies like more power right? Well this latest member of the DEFT-edc family is the edc LR+. In this case + is quite meaningful as it has 12K cd more in throw than the till-now king of the world in small throwers for a total of 72K cd. That is 32K cd more than the original DEFT-edc!!! Almost double.

As if that was not enough we have priced this new more powerful light even cheaper than the original LR!! That's right, more power for less money. The price of the LR+ is $278 and features the same wonderfully neutral tint that the LR was blessed with. There have only been 18 of these LR+ made and when they are gone they are gone. The LR+ also uses the edc's bronze grip rings instead of the glow rings. If you absolutely must have the glow rings let me know and we can work something out. The LR+ can be purchased here.

DEFT-edc LR
The LR model has now been repositioned to $239 so if you have been wanting one of those then there has never been a better time. The incredible performance of 60Kcd has not changed. This can be purchased here.

DEFT-edc+
There is also what we are calling the edc+ which is an amalgam of edc and edc LR bodies combined with LEDs that were originally designed for inclusion in the LR line of lights but due to flaws or falling short in performance were disqualified for use in those lights. In some cases they were just slightly under-performing units with still form the perfect square die shape beam. Others had flaws in the beam that have to be smoothed over by defocusing the lens slightly to give a slight diffusion. I think many people will actually like this as it also smooths over the notch from the XP-C's bond pad. What is consistent across these lights is a neutral tint and typical performance of 50K cd which is still more than the original edc. The kicker is the really low price. $149!!! Under the pricing setup that kind of performance would have cost you $250. The $149 price allows many who may not have had a chance to get into one of our lights an incredible opportunity to do so. You can purchase these here.

DEFT-edc
This was the first of the edc family. With performance of 40K cd it was far more powerful than anything its' size in the marketplace. Production of these ceased some time ago as more powferful varients were developed. Upgrade options are available for current owners here.

Since there are no real differences in the bodies I am not posting them here you can find pictures of the DEFTs on my website. I am going to post what many people have been begging for since day one. Sorry it took so long but here is a runtime chart for all the edc family of lights. Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Once these lights are gone they are gone folks!! These will not be an ongoing stock item and what's on the site is all that will be put on the site so if you have always wanted one now's the time. As I said the only other thing we definitely have coming is the edc Enthusiast which will be a polished body, special grip-rings, and tailcap buttons along with a little performance boost even over the LR+. That said due to the immense amount of work they entail the price will be $349.

From my sister Mandy, myself and my dear wife we thank you all very much for your support!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Some ******* stole my EDC LR version I got last time from a pocket, so I'll bite on the LR+ :paypal:

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those like me who need to compare things, the spot of the Mag 2D LED at full focus (On fresh cells) is about 37k cd, or just over half of the EDC LR. I'm pulled to get one but I've spent this quarter's flashlight money.

For size comparison:
An EDC LR+ will fit inside a Mag2D battery compartment if it is well greased.

Last edited:

motohanks

Newly Enlightened
Wow Saabluster, getting one of these new LR+ models as a replacement for my original DEFT-edc seems even more special after reading that there were only 18 made. :thumbsup: Thanks again.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just bought the EFT edc LR - and have been using it...but, now, am wondering if it can be upgraded to the + version?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well all the LR+ sold out in one day. Thanks guys.
Some ******* stole my EDC LR version I got last time from a pocket, so I'll bite on the LR+ :paypal:
Hey Lux! I have to say I am very surprised how many of my customers have had their lights stolen. I mean it really is a high number considering our relatively small production numbers. Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

I just bought the EFT edc LR - and have been using it...but, now, am wondering if it can be upgraded to the + version?

Yes I will be putting up the LR+ upgrade on the site soon. Need to get everyone's lights out first.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saabluster / Mike

Sent you an email 2 days ago with the LR+ order. Did you get it ?

Yes. Don't worry I am checking all the emails before shipping as several people have had some specific requests. There have just been a ton of emails coming in so it will take me a couple days to get back with everyone. Thanks for your patience.

Digital

Newly Enlightened
Yes. Don't worry I am checking all the emails before shipping as several people have had some specific requests. There have just been a ton of emails coming in so it will take me a couple days to get back with everyone. Thanks for your patience.
What kind of things can you request / are commonly requested?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of things can you request / are commonly requested?

Many requests for the LR+ to also be an option for the P60 mod. Some people want glow grip rings. And now that the LR+ sold out many people are asking me to make more. Stuff like that. I may end up making a few more LR+ due to the demand. We shall see.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Many requests for the LR+ to also be an option for the P60 mod. Some people want glow grip rings. And now that the LR+ sold out many people are asking me to make more. Stuff like that. I may end up making a few more LR+ due to the demand. We shall see.

:whistle:

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
DEFT-edc+
Paypal sent for one of the above lights - excellent price, have been tempted by these lights for years.
Many thanks.

yifu

Enlightened
"The DEFT-edc production is almost completely done now..." Does that mean we'll finally see the DEFT back in production again, with the LR technology?:devil:

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
"The DEFT-edc production is almost completely done now..." Does that mean we'll finally see the DEFT back in production again, with the LR technology?:devil:

I'm thinking full sized DEFT LR+

:devil:

davyro

Enlightened
Im hoping to have the money ready if a few more LR + lights become available as ive just bought new batteries & a new charger.The batteries include a couple of 18650's specially bought for a Deft lr+.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
No promises but it is very likely. Since I haven't even entered the design faze on that light yet it will be awhile. I have to find suitable optics first and that is a very hard task. Until I find a good optic that will not move forward. I'm working on it though. Trust me I want it just as much as you.

Im hoping to have the money ready if a few more LR + lights become available as ive just bought new batteries & a new charger.The batteries include a couple of 18650's specially bought for a Deft lr+.
I just added 10 more. Those will be shipping first of next week.

motohanks

Newly Enlightened
I received my LR+ today. The light looks great and the neutral tint makes a great upgrade in my eyes over the DEFT-edc I had for a short period of time. The afterglow of the glow powder impregnated epoxy potting is really cool too. I haven't gotten a chance to see how far it really throws yet since the trees around my house create a bit of a barrier for testing more than 100 feet of throw. I'm hoping to put that to a test if I go night biking later in the week and come across a big field or long straight section of bike trail.
Thanks Mandy and Michael for the work you two put into designing and building these lights.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well all the LR+ sold out in one day. Thanks guys.

Hey Lux! I have to say I am very surprised how many of my customers have had their lights stolen. I mean it really is a high number considering our relatively small production numbers. Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

Yes I will be putting up the LR+ upgrade on the site soon. Need to get everyone's lights out first.

Turns out the kid's father recognized the light which I had shown him earlier, and was returned with a contrite apology from his son. Now I have three of these EDC's, and this latest blows the LR away. Smaller die wall target. Amazing & Congratulations.

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I just pulled the trigger on the LR+, can't wait to see what a true thrower is like. I recently bought a SureFire Fury and I love that light but I wanted a nice thrower to play around with. I will post some feedback once I get it and will let you know what I think.