• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Converter board availability

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't bought stuff for a while but still frequently check up converter board availability.
Surprised to see that many boards are low in stock, especially the NG1000 and GD1000 which I've been primarily using. Once they're sold out, when will these be restocked?

Also the SOB1000 is also gone from the list and only the SOB400 remains. What's going on here??
And, how come some low-current drivers (eg. NG500) and those ultra-expensive drivers (eg. GDuP) are still plenty??

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't bought stuff for a while but still frequently check up converter board availability.
Surprised to see that many boards are low in stock, especially the NG1000 and GD1000 which I've been primarily using. Once they're sold out, when will these be restocked?

Also the SOB1000 is also gone from the list and only the SOB400 remains. What's going on here??
And, how come some low-current drivers (eg. NG500) and those ultra-expensive drivers (eg. GDuP) are still plenty??

There has been very little demand for the straight boost converters like the Nexgen and badboy series. The primary sellers are SOB and GDuP converter boards.

We keep stock of pretty much all the boards even if they go out of stock on the site. If something shows no stock, contact us and we can give you status of our inventory.

Wayne

Ms_SS

Enlightened
You can choose a converter board blank and customize to any resistor configuration.

As you can see we have many flavors available, but not all are selling.

If you email I can add stock to a particular flavor you want to buy.

For example, adding a .10 resistor to a Nexgen 500 makes a NG1000

We are currently out of SOB converters. More will be built.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I hope you folks can stock a few more NG1000s and GD1000s, these are popular boards amongst this modding community.
For me I'll need a few of these said ones.
Won't be able to purchase anything until later this year. Hope these won't get sold out by then -- or I'll be in trouble.

BTW not interested in ordering a blank board then pay extra for resistor installation, unless a board with unique/unusual current rating (eg. 833mA) is needed.
Don't really want to go thru this treatment if I am to order a 1A driver.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cindy, I just noticed that the Mad Max Lite is no longer listed. Can these be purchased still?

The only stock left is a run of boards with soldermask over the backside anode pad. These are available if there is interest. There is no resistor where the trim pot is and that would need to be jumpered as well to enable full power or a trim pot will need to be installed if you want to make it adjustable.

Wayne

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you recommend/build anything along the lines of Goldserve's Flupic?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

What would be the battery configuration? For a CR123/R123 single cell configuration you can use a GDuP. For currents greater than 1A and input voltage greater than 6V you can use a step down like the Shark Buck with a Remora board.

Wayne

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 to that! The FluPIC's 10 user configurable levels, plus mode memory in group three was the sh--! Not to mention the user configurable strobe mode!

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Well I hope you folks can stock a few more NG1000s and GD1000s, these are popular boards amongst this modding community.
For me I'll need a few of these said ones.
Won't be able to purchase anything until later this year. Hope these won't get sold out by then -- or I'll be in trouble.

BTW not interested in ordering a blank board then pay extra for resistor installation, unless a board with unique/unusual current rating (eg. 833mA) is needed.
Don't really want to go thru this treatment if I am to order a 1A driver.

I have BB Nexgen 1000 online. More SOB 1000 should be available at the end of the week. We have some Badboy 1000 online as well.

Stock up on some converter boards so you will have them in your inventory when you need them.

Last edited:

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Just completed a run of SOB converters. If the configuration you want is not shown, ask through email.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's happened to the single level GD boards? They've been gone for some while already...

Please have some GD1000s available in the long run.

Last edited:

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Please check as a few GD1000 and Madmax lite have been put online in April.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So exactly how many GD1000s are available then?

Back in late April the Shoppe showed three left. But after I've ordered those three in early May, the Shoppe still shows two left.

Is that a mistake? Or, the GD1000s do get replenished quickly once they're sold out?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cindy/Wayne, I just noticed the "Tiny Boost Driver 11mm", but, didn't see any specs. Being a boost driver I'm assuming 1.5V max? What's the output? This might be perfect for a project that I've got in my head.

Edited to add: Doh! Just saw that its 350mA. Perfect!

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cindy/Wayne, I just noticed the "Tiny Boost Driver 11mm", but, didn't see any specs. Being a boost driver I'm assuming 1.5V max? What's the output? This might be perfect for a project that I've got in my head.
Edited to add: Doh! Just saw that its 350mA. Perfect!
Yeah I"ve noticed that too, still no specs whatsoever (unlike on the BBNG/GD/SOB pages). Also top view pic wasn't there either until only recently, and is very crude without nomenclature. Very low-res with components barely identifiable.

For the record I wouldn't even consider a board like this without any specs and details present. Which is why I never turn to cheaper board alternatives like those on the DX pages......

So NO, I wouldn't assume this tiny driver to have VIn(max) 1.5V. If in doubt, ask Wayne to post the full specs.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Wayne designed and made this 11mm single level boost driver originally for Modamag's Draco.
No cheap components used here. No junkie converters sold at the Sandwich Shoppe.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one ever mentioned "cheap parts," and there's little to no doubt on the capability of Wayne's drivers.

But without specs, it'll be hard for some customers to decide on getting a specific driver. So posting specs on a driver is always helpful to the proepective customer.

Last edited:

Ms_SS

Enlightened
I do agree with you yazkaz, but Wayne does not remember the specs of this converter.

It may help knowing the Draco uses the following batteries:
Power Source:
· 10280 Li-Ion
* 10440 Li-Ion (with extension pack)

Please proceed with caution by testing the converter before installing and use at your own risk.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just rechecked the page and find that most driver boards have been dried up lately...

GD1000 has been taken down, SOB1000 nets zero (again for months), and just 9 BBNG1000s left?

Any chance of restocking the first two? (My life depends on these three.)