• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia 219 coming to Peak lights from Oveready

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted Oveready to ask whether they had plans to do a run of Peak lights with the Nichia 219 similar to the 119 run. This was Dan's response:

[Private communication deleted - the OP may paraphrase if he wishes - essentialy 'yes' - Kestrel]

I could not have asked for a better answer. Cheers for the folks at Peak and Oveready for delivering what their customers want!

Last edited by a moderator:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woot!

Was thinking about modding my 119 Eiger to a 219 but it looks like the head is totally press-fit and potted. If you hadn't sent Dan the email, I would have next week. :)

I know this gets asked every thread, but can we bother for some brass options? Pretty please?

Also: will these 219 lights use the "redesigned" QTC pills, or can we request a body without QTC?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Four things are in simultaneous development:

Flood heads - in development for many months
Improved QTC pills - in development several months
Blank pills - in development for several months
219 heads - in development for several weeks

Blank pills allow bodies to be configured with single or multiple level operation, when they are built (BTO). They also allow some existing QTC bodies to be converted into non QTC bodies. Availability of some of these improvements will be coordinated, but for example, flood heads will not be ready as soon.

Brass is a possibility but it will make more sense when the above is fully implemented.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

Here is my Peak Volcan Mule head. I been wearing out the XP-G R5 cool tint, but need help installing a Nichia in there if you want to help..
:wave::wave:
:wave:
peakmule.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Not to go too far off-topic here (hopefully), but any update on color emitters? IIRC, that was also considered at one point....

EDIT - Just got these (Red XP-E) for both Eiger and Logan ! :clap:

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Will the new Pills be a retrofit for the 1st generation ones?

There are 2 new pills (both ready), one with an one without a QTC. The new QTC pill is a significant improvement over the original design. Either new pill can replace an original QTC pill, provided the original can be removed. This is more difficult with smaller closed ended bodies, like the AAA Lug.