sog powerassist VS leatherman surge

MT7

Newly Enlightened
which multitool is better? which multitool has a better blade steel? better saw? better plier and wire cutters? which has a better build quality? better tools?
thanks advance...

Last edited:

MT7

Newly Enlightened
You're not going to be able to beat SOG. They're the semi-pro version of Leatherman's consumer-grade products.
sorry,but english isn't my native language,and I am not able to translate and understand your reply,
can you explain your opinion with more easy english? what are you prefer-leatherman surge or sog powerassist?

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi MT7.

I have the SOG PowerAssist and it's an awesome multitool. It's two blades (one serrated one smooth) are absolutely fantastic with it's assisted blade opening.

The other thing I like about the SOG is it's compound leverage system which puts a lot more grunt into the pliers and wire-cutting (it's kind of an assisted closing when using the pliers).

Hope this helps.

Rchpi87

Newly Enlightened
I love my SOG power assist. I use it at least twice a day if not more at work,in my opinion you can't buy a better multitool.

zoulas

Newly Enlightened
I just got my sog p/a , the thing is a work of art. The way it opens and closes, you can see the engineering that went into it. I think its a keeper. My other m/tools are weatherman wave and my EDC is a Gerber suspension ($27) .