• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger Small Flood Head - 219 from Oveready

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, can anyone link or post a picture of the AAA short key lug SS bodies in knurling and shaved? I'm debating between the two for keychain duty. All opinions are welcomed between the two. I think the shaved will be friendlier on e pocket, but am worried it may make it difficult to operate.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm not familiar with Peak nomenclature. Can anyone show me what the Eiger small flood with the Nichia 219 head looks like?....

Also, can anyone link or post a picture of the AAA short key lug SS bodies in knurling and shaved?....

You yourself appear to have already done so ... :thinking:

... and the knurled tubes are just the standard ones commonly seen in most other Peak pictures (including throughout the RMSK, Oveready, and Peak websites).

The knurling does add a bit of grip, but is not especially aggressive or deep.

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
You yourself appear to have already done so ... :thinking:

... and the knurled tubes are just the standard ones commonly seen in most other Peak pictures (including throughout the RMSK, Oveready, and Peak websites).

Actually that is a 10180 or 10280 body, not a AAA (it's way too short). I want to see a picture of the actual AAA with small flood head for confirmation prior to ordering.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Actually that is a 10180 or 10280 body, not a AAA (it's way too short). I want to see a picture of the actual AAA with small flood head for confirmation prior to ordering.

Hmmm, ok, hard for me to tell with the perspective at an angle like that :shrug: ... though it'll look rather similar (just a bit longer, I suppose) - ;)

I have not seen any other Peak Mule photos posted yet, anywhere else, however :sigh:

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, ok, hard for me to tell with the perspective at an angle like that :shrug: ... though it'll look rather similar (just a bit longer, I suppose) - ;)

I have not seen any other Peak Mule photos posted yet, anywhere else, however :sigh:

Same here. I just want confirmation of what I'm purchasing prior to sending money. Hopefully Oveready can chime in with a few pictures of the new short flood heads on AAA stainless with knurling and shaved short lug bodied

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I want to see a picture of the actual AAA with small flood head for confirmation prior to ordering.

Sorry for the confusion. Reshooting the entire Peak lineup is a multi day process, so its something I try not to do more than twice a year. We're not quite ready for the comprehensive reshoot this time around.

show me what the Eiger small flood with the Nichia 219 head looks like?

On the right is the Eiger flood/219, mounted on a shaved 10180:

peakflood.jpg

knurling and shaved?

Shaved are such a new idea, they're only available on a few models and there may not be more. I like them, but they do reduce grip. That being said, Lug models generally anchor on something better like a keychain, so the grip doesn't matter.

So as an example of the first point, I don't want to commit to shooting a bunch of shaved bodies until Peak commits to making more.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, EG. Regarding the shaved bodies, does the AAA look just like the 10180 you have photo'd, but longer? Or is there a variance in the shape?

Also, is there any possibility of a titanium shaved short lug body and flood 219 head?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The aaa is the same shape, it just has the ribs, left over from the ribs between the knurl.

Ti Eigers are traditionally made with tubes. I'm hoping to talk peak into making some with the shorter lug config, out of ti stock.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The aaa is the same shape, it just has the ribs, left over from the ribs between the knurl.

Ti Eigers are traditionally made with tubes. I'm hoping to talk peak into making some with the shorter lug config, out of ti stock.

Good to know ....

Since you seem to have lots of new developments in the Peak pipeline, any chance of maybe someday doing a run of 10180/10280/10440 Eiger tubes in DLC-coated Ti ???

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a shame that the shaved AAA bodies have those rings. Peak should just make them smooth from the beginning instead of modifying existing knurled bodies. Can you post a picture of the SS shaved AAA short lug body with short flood head in this thread? I'm really curious to see how those rings impact the looks of the body.

I would definitely be in for a Ti AAA short lug Eiger with 219 small flood head. Do you know what the approx ETA would be for them?

archimedes

Flashaholic
That's a shame that the shaved AAA bodies have those rings. Peak should just make them smooth from the beginning instead of modifying existing knurled bodies....

They actually used to ( the so-called "dogbone" Matterhorn ) but, IIRC, they stopped because they were less popular....

(examples shown here) -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?244743-Peak-Eiger-Penlight-Review

I agree that it wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense to knurl these tubes, only to then go and machine off the knurling....

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'll see what I can do, but that's more of an if then a when.

Logan flood are ready to ship in 219 and XPG2.