Cryos II Tritium Installation

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I have the Cryos II and it has 6 trit slots around the head. I have installed trits before with Norland 61 in a Ronac Standoff tailcap. The trouble I am having is the slots are too shallow in the Cryos. I found something about someone using a dremel to go a little deeper in the slots but that seems like a dangerous plan. Besides I looked everywhere before posting this to try to find that and I can't find it. I would be severely irritated to say the least if I messed up that Cryos. Any ideas?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe talk to Barry at PrecisionWorks about milling out the slots a little deeper. Will cost you but his work is second to none.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Image-9853934-171756940-2-Web_0_c60b1e8cb34334bd9de6398c2882a53d_1

The Cryos slots remind me on the Ronac tail slots - not quite large enough for a trit. But I'm none too sure about the best way to approach this. The head can be fixtured in the horizontal position & that would allow the end mill to cut in from the side. Or it can be held vertically & the tool will cut from the front end.

The vertical-front cut is going to bury the trit & make it hard to see except from straight on. The horizontal-side cut will expose more of the vial BUT will also leave a visible machined edge that will be bare aluminum & shiny. Might look good & just as easily might not. I'd be glad to do this but the results will not be clear until the cutting is done.