• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Surefire P2X Fury Tailcap options

sticks96

Newly Enlightened
Are there any two stage tailcap options available for the dual output Fury? I've become spoiled by the LX2 two stage UI where I can press a little for dimmer light, press more for a bright light & twist little for dim, twist more for bright. I posted this question in the Fury thread, but didn't have much luck so I hope this is an OK spot to ask.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Are there any two stage tailcap options available for the dual output Fury? I've become spoiled by the LX2 two stage UI where I can press a little for dimmer light, press more for a bright light & twist little for dim, twist more for bright. I posted this question in the Fury thread, but didn't have much luck so I hope this is an OK spot to ask.

X models have tailcaps modeled on previous gen tailcaps...
A/tactical models are based on Z41 twisty caps and are compatible with McClicky Kits.
B/pro models are based on Z59 clicky caps and are not.

The confusing part is that 2 mode models (B) have different tailcaps than 1 models (A).
But two stage operation is based in the driver/head, not the more expensive design in the LX2.

In affect, you would need to find/make a two mode tailcap and use it with a one mode head.

sticks96

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the fast & informative reply! Would a two mode head that was modded to one mode by scratching the bridge work? If so, would oveready be willing to make the necessary two mode tailcap? Detailed electrical work with small parts is way out of my league.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Thank you for the fast & informative reply! Would a two mode head that was modded to one mode by scratching the bridge work? If so, would oveready be willing to make the necessary two mode tailcap? Detailed electrical work with small parts is way out of my league.

I have no experience with modifying Fury heads, but if the difference between A/B models is that jumper, that (done correctly) should work fine. However, we have no multi level tailcaps to go with it and no time to make a single one from scratch.

Sorry,
Dan

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Surefire will come out with something in the future,

I absolutely love the tail cap on my LX2,

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I really like the Surefire LX 2 tailcap as well, in my opinion it is the perfect UI. I am glad to see the EB Series get a 2 stage option. A 2 stage Fury would be pretty sweet.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My PX2 has a Black Triad, Moddoolar clip, 8 strand safety orange para cord on a Surefire lanyard ring, with a Tom Andersom - AIT Titanium Grenade bead. All this makes for a very nice light...that my wife took!

That's OK, I have her ATM Card!!

Gunfighterman

Newly Enlightened
I have a P2X Fury dual mode light. I'm looking to turn it into a single mode and wondering if that can be done or do I need to purchase a P2X Fury Tactical model ?
Please advise anyone and thanks in advance

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I have a P2X Fury dual mode light. I'm looking to turn it into a single mode and wondering if that can be done or do I need to purchase a P2X Fury Tactical model ?

P2X's use the same tailcaps as 6P (Z41/Z59), they just have a different appearance.
So the 1/2 mode capability is built into the head, so the change has to be there.

Last edited: