Feeler Thread for Custom Machined Lanyard Ring For 6P Series Lights...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Jason,

Would you consider making a more sophisticated lanyard ring for the Surefire 6P size of lights?

I would love some nice machined custom lanyard rings for the 6P; 9P; C2; C3; G2; G3; Z and M series, and all the other lights that share that size of tail threads.

These would add a real nice touch to our lights and be made to accept the cord better than the stock wire models. I do not usually use clips on the rings as they tend to wear on the finish. I like to use para-cord thru the ring.

Titanium would be great, however, more input is needed from Jason on what metal would be best. They could be nicely finished in the hole area and maybe anodized - like Jason;s fantastic clips.

Another nice little custom detail to add to our lights, I think this is something that is missing on customs and lego'd Surefire lights,

I would buy 10 or more right away - if they are made.

Anyone else?

Please post, if we can get 100, Jason may do the run. So, now we really need 90!

Thank you,

With all best wishes,

Ned Redway/Redled

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lanyard Rings

Where's the breakaway mechanism? Somewhere on the lanyard then? I have a few P bodies and I don't think I'd put one of these on for fear of damage to the Cerakote or anodization on the cap or body near the joint. They are nifty looking but they wouldn't fit how I carry and deploy my lights (holster, freehand).

Wilkey

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Breakaway on the lanyard, this would be a more refined version of the Surefire 6P Series lanyard ring. CNC from aluminum stock and anodized for a little color, not just wire a loop.

These would be nice if you do not want a clip but still want a lanyard. And, a nice custom touch these lights deserve.

I would still want one of Jason's clips, they are the best of the slip on style.

I use my lights so wear is no issue for me.

It would be nice to get them both with the light.

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

On the lanyard, of course! :duh2: Brilliant.

I agree that his clips are attractive. No doubt about it. I've just never carried lights with heads as big as the P/Z/C in a head-down orientation. My pants are too tight in the front pocket, I suppose.

Excellent that you use your lights. I am of the same bent and I have no problem at all with wear on the surfaces that reflect the style of usage. For holster carry, that means primarily wear on the lead edge of the tailcap and the rear edge of the bezel by the body junction.

Wilkey

PS. The SH One ring is pleasing to the eye. If I were to obtain one, I'd probably want a plain finish so I could relieve the edges on the lanyard loop internal and external radius.

Breakaway on the lanyard, this would be a more refined version of the Surefire 6P Series lanyard ring. CNC from aluminum stock and anodized for a little color, not just wire a loop.

These would be nice if you do not want a clip but still want a lanyard. And, a nice custom touch these lights deserve.

I would still want one of Jason's clips, they are the best of the slip on style.

I use my lights so wear is no issue for me.

It would be nice to get them both with the light.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you mean convex where the paracord would pass through?

I think when Jason sells a light he could add one of these rings, and a clip, as part of what he includes, so you could set it up to your liking or to change for different conditions.

Jason, do you think a prototype run could be done to test this concept? I would buy quite a few for all my Surefire's.

Best,

NR

Last edited:

moeman

Enlightened

Lighthound used to sell rings like that made out SS. I have a few with a double hold configuration that I like. I will find a pic...

moeman

Enlightened

Here you go:

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

I like this one better than the single hole configuration because it gives you a few more options. You can make a noose out of the cord or attach it to a gear keeper and a lanyard etc...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have seen more than a couple of designs that are very cool, and all from China. What if you add it to the bottom of your clip?

If you go ahead with the bead production these would be perfect, and again could be produced in colors.

it seems this would be so nice... Because if you want to remove it for a reason you could. I like modular things.

Maybe make it just wide enough to incorporate a ring of trits going around it?

archer6817j

Enlightened

I have seen more than a couple of designs that are very cool, and all from China. What if you add it to the bottom of your clip?

If you go ahead with the bead production these would be perfect, and again could be produced in colors.

it seems this would be so nice... Because if you want to remove it for a reason you could. I like modular things.

Maybe make it just wide enough to incorporate a ring of trits going around it?

Heya, designs for what? :)

Another note, I was talking with some fellas yesterday and we came up with the idea of stacking two thin lanyard rings. That way if you wanted one beefy ring you could line them up or if you wanted two, keep them separated. Thoughts? This may have some practical problems but maybe it will lead somewhere, idea-wise.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the price...if it's titanium and don't cost more than $10-ish per piece I will take 10 as well. Anything more, count me in for 4 pcs ;)