• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mini Turbohead M2-XML2 Direct Drive

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Please click the model/image of your choice, to view complete information, etc:

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M2-50 Direct Drive SST-50 M2 Head: in limited production

Waiting for my M2-XML in a few days...should be interesting to compare it with the M2-50 ;)

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2-50 Direct Drive SST-50 M2 Head: in limited production

So glad I saw the XML version in the insider. Will be fun to compare both versions. Sweeeet. Now the agonizing wait!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

First there was M2-50 with SST-50 in a M2 ribbed head, then there was also a small run with XM-L U2...the current one will be using XM-L2

Correct me if I'm wrong about this?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

First there was M2-50 with SST-50 in a M2 ribbed head, then there was also a small run with XM-L U2...the current one will be using XM-L2

There are 3 generations:

M2-50 in a type II black finish, newer M2 style (gen 1, 2010):

2quhkc9.jpg

M2-XML in a type III black finish, newer M2 style (gen 2, 2012):

SFXMLhead.jpg

M2-XML2 in a type III black finish, newer M2 style (gen 3, 2013):

SFXMLhead.jpg

Gen 1 was a small batch, about 25. Gen 2 was even smaller, about 10. Gen 3 will be at least double of Gen 1.

easilyled

Flashaholic

The emitter in the picture above and on the website for the gen3 appears to be an XM-L rather than an XM-L2 (the XM-L2 has no green)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

^ that's what I thought....then again maybe they still have not the official studio photo shot :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

The emitter in the picture above and on the website for the gen3 appears to be an XM-L rather than an XM-L2 (the XM-L2 has no green)

Sorry for the confusion, it's the same image, not updated for the 3rd gen. XML2 models ship with a silver base under the LED.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curious, though I could wait a few days and check for myself, but how do the beams compare between g1 and g3, on terms of tint (my g1 is very pleasant nearly neutral), beam profile, and output? THANKS!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Curious, though I could wait a few days and check for myself, but how do the beams compare between g1 and g3, on terms of tint (my g1 is very pleasant nearly neutral), beam profile, and output? THANKS!

+1 In fact, there aren't really and good beam shot comparisons for the M2-50, M2-XML, and now the newly released M2-XML2. I'm curious to see what the beam profile looks like compared to a P60 xml and other lights.

Studey

Newly Enlightened

The description on your site says twisty only, but if this uses a zero res, wouldn't it also be momentary as well?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 In fact, there aren't really and good beam shot comparisons for the M2-50, M2-XML, and now the newly released M2-XML2. I'm curious to see what the beam profile looks like compared to a P60 xml and other lights.

If no description or beamshots come up before mine comes in, I'll try to post them (feel free to PM me a reminder!). I can do the M2-50, and the M2-XML2, can do a DD P60 XML tuned for throw, too (but that light is very much pieced together, does not have the quality or heatsinking that the M2 will, though it might be a touch brighter initially, and does have some pretty remarkeable throw for a p60), the Electromlumens XML EDC, as well as a few other roughly comprarable lights.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefers the M2-50's slightly warmer tint but the M2-XML is a bit brighter with tighter hotspot. If this is the 5000K XM-L2, we could be in for a winner!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefers the M2-50's slightly warmer tint but the M2-XML is a bit brighter with tighter hotspot. If this is the 5000K XM-L2, we could be in for a winner!

The site says "cool" but I don't know what temp that might mean. The neutral m2-50 is as awesome tint, but I'm not too upset about a bright cool light, either.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

The description on your site says twisty only, but if this uses a zero res, wouldn't it also be momentary as well?

Sorry for the confusion, description updated. These include momentary boot and functionality.

Compared to my personal M2-50, the XML2 beam is more tightly focused, with a slight blue tint. The hotspot is tighter and noticeably more intense.

one2tim

Enlightened

The C2 says 4+ amps and the 6p says 4,5+ amps? Is there a difference?
btw. Would i be able to use the head on my oveready Z2 body?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

The C2 says 4+ amps and the 6p says 4,5+ amps? Is there a difference?

Sorry for the confusion. They are the same, both 4.5+.

btw. Would i be able to use the head on my oveready Z2 body?

Yes, the spring/socket end of the head is compatible with all SF P60 bodies. But the battery and switch requirements are the same. No IMR, no McClicky. The setup includes a ZeroRez tailcap that can be 'moved' with the head.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I suspect, 2600's are the best AW 18650 for this setup. Look for my order, soon. :cool:

Brandon G.