Fenix E01

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hello,

Who owns a Fenix E01?

And so yes, are you happy with it, and does it works very good?

Are you agree with me, that it is very bright for its sise?

It throws easily 20 meters, and its very bright (my opinion)

Mine works very well, and its exceedingly bright for such a small flashlight.

Can you tell something about your Fenix E01?

I use it for walking outside, and as a bikelight.

Remco

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I like the simplicity and durability of the E01 but for brightness check out the LD01 or Olight i3 :)

Sent from a mobile telephone

KarstGhost

Enlightened
The E01 is a classic around here. Always keep one on a lanyard while I'm caving. There are brighter lights of that size though.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gifted my last EO1 at Christmas time. I keep meaning to get another few, but I never used it much myself. They're really good gift lights though. I have an EO5 on my keys, as it's brighter and has a much better tint.

RemcoM

Enlightened
I have my fenix E01 always with me, because i will always have light ,when it is needed, whatever happens.

Easy to carry, and always light within reach.

Off course, its no Fenix TK75, but bright enough to find your way in the dark.

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
I lost my gold E01 a few months ago. I searched and searched and finally gave up that it was going to show back up. I could not take it anymore.

I now own a purple E01. It is always in my pocket and I use it numerous times a day.

Although my family already knows that I am a flashlight nut, I have been wanting to ratchet it up a notch. For a while now I have been thinking of putting a fresh Duraloop in my E01, turning it on, dropping it in a clear jar of water, and putting it in the freezer to elicit some comments directed at me!

(I am still hoping my gold one re-appears someday. It will be the best day of my life.)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a while now I have been thinking of putting a fresh Duraloop in my E01, turning it on, dropping it in a clear jar of water, and putting it in the freezer to elicit some comments directed at me!

I did that with mine, the duraloop wasn't happy with the cold and turned off. Thawed it back out, popped a fresh cell in and it fired right up with no sign of water entry. An Energizer lithium would handle the freezer better.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Sadly, I lost an EO1 to an alkaline leak - I now use an Enelooped EO5 on my keychain. Both great lights.

Sofiia

Newly Enlightened
I bought E01 month ago and I'm very happy. May be it's not most important stuff in my pocket, but it quite comfortable and bright)
Sorry for my poor English)

Next week I suppose to buy Fenix HL20 - I have tried it and what i saw impressed me so much!

Pilot

Newly Enlightened
I have two of them. I gave one to my wife to keep in her purse, but that one is probably lost for good in there.

njet212

Enlightened
I own Fenix E01 since i strarted this thread and i own Sunway R01. By the time i made reply on this thread my Fenix E01 still function very well without flaws ( always hang E01 on my bathroom wall since i owned it ) and my Sunway R01 got problem ( never carried or used it ) which sometimes it will turns on sometimes it won't and flickering. I have to say that Fenix E01 shows quality over my sunway R01.

Last edited:

mgscheue

Newly Enlightened
I gave two to my wife--one for her work keychain and one for her home keychain--and she loves them. They're great little lights.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of them. I gave one to my wife to keep in her purse, but that one is probably lost for good in there.
Sounds like my girlfriend: she has a very small handbag actually but I'm if I gave her a TK75 it would get lost in the handbag too!

Streamer

Enlightened
and my Sunway R01 got problem ( never carried or used it ) which sometimes it will turns on sometimes it won't and flickering. I have to say that Fenix E01 shows quality over my sunway R01.

Yes, I agree. The R01 is simply a POS.
Now ask me how I really feel about Sunwayman R01A.

Yorgi

Newly Enlightened
I guess the E01 gets the respect it does because practically everyone owns one, it's a classic and was great back when it was released. I find it a little big to hang off a keychain, I use an eGear Pico for that which puts out the same lumens in about 1/3 size. Something like the Olight i3 puts out 7x the lumens and has 3 modes for a few $ more, plus it does not have the heavy purple tint of the E01.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hello,

1 I have put for testing, a,

Fenix E01 on my bicycle, a standard average bicyclelight, And a fenix TK35, on turbo setting, 860 lumens, 300 plus meters beam distance.

What kind of reactions can i get tonight in the dark, when oncomming cyclers,and others coming at me?

2 Pointed to the ground, and pointed to the horizon, (forward) Do i annoy them with this lights?

Remco

Swede74

Enlightened
Hello,

1 I have put for testing, a,

Fenix E01 on my bicycle, a standard average bicyclelight, And a fenix TK35, on turbo setting, 860 lumens, 300 plus meters beam distance.

What kind of reactions can i get tonight in the dark, when oncomming cyclers,and others coming at me?

2 Pointed to the ground, and pointed to the horizon, (forward) Do i annoy them with this lights?

Remco

I don't think you have to worry about annoying oncoming traffic with the E01 unless you drive your bike way too close to pedestrians walking towards you, and aim it directly at their eyes :)

The TK35 on the other hand should probably be treated like the high beams on a car - I'd point it to the ground and / or lower the output in situations where it might annoy or even blind someone temporarily.

You could let a friend ride your bike towards you with the lights on and see for yourself which configurations are "safe". If that's not possible, park it at one end of a football field, walk to the other end and back (obviously you have to leave the lights on in this instance too, and walk towards the bike on your way back)