Hey! Check this out!

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Hey all...
I haven't been on the forum here for a while, that being said, I figured here was as good a place as any to throw up my latest knife. So far I have always received very honest direction and opinions from everyone here concerning my torches, so here goes...

Its an all original design Bushcraft / Hunting / general purpose blade. 1095 steel, olive micarta scales with red spacer material. It measures 1.5" wide, 8.5" overall, 4" blade, and 3/16" thick steel. Features a small gut hook, a full convex hand ground edge with false top edge. Drop-point profile.
I polished the micarta up to 2500 grit, and the blade is polished, then stonewashed and acid etched. After the etch, it was applied under heat to a secret ingredient which leaves a nice protective coating. The blade is heat treated, then double drawn to wind up around 56-58HRC estimated.
My initials are electro-etched in about 1/32" deep. The sheath is 8oz full grain, vegetable tanned leather and made in the bushcraft horizontal carry style. I have a belt loop and d-ring attachment for it, however not pictured.

If anyone is interested in a similar design, or really anything you can think up and would like for me to make for you, let me know. We can discuss an appropriate price at such time.
I can also make sheaths upon request. I also have pictures of some of my other work as well if anyone is interested.
Cheers!

9e248a3ae4e6f2866cf1d10e343c2415.jpg

ddec299ce76f1f9ec3eb192fc5c41110.jpg

d9f5c99f5abf4cac7e3c7d193a0a12c6.jpg

2993556cf8d74b3239d1de9918c61f6a.jpg

89bccabab4e9aaf28009530490970f8d.jpg

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
I have two damascus blades that are in different stages of completion as well as a couple of tactical knives that are at least planned out, but are just sketched on 1095 bar stock at the moment. Hopefully I can get those finished and posted soon.
In addition, I have a full hide of mahogany 8oz vegetable tanned leather that I can part with a few square feet of if anyone needs some to finish a project of their own. I got a screaming deal on a whole hide, so pm me if interested...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Any idea on price?
I'd like one of these without the guthook though, not a hunter nut without the guthook that knife is beautiful.

The sheath looks superb. I LOVE that sheath.

Very nice work.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Any idea on price?
I'd like one of these without the guthook though, not a hunter nut without the guthook that knife is beautiful.

The sheath looks superb. I LOVE that sheath.

Very nice work.

Thank you, I think the sheath turned out quite nicely. I have done traditional sheaths, display type open front sheaths, pancake sheaths and the like. The bushcraft/multi-carry type like this that is very popular now is my favorite, mostly due to the versatility of the design. I can attach a firesteel loop, ceramic stone pocket, what have you as well. Personally I carry those things separately in a waterproof case, and prefer to not have the extra bulk on my sheath. I can, however, see the convenience of being able to just grab your knife and have everything right there with it.

The truth is I am not really crazy about gut hooks on knives either, however I was getting tired of carrying a large camp/skinning/hunting blade, then carrying a separate gut hook all the time, so I decided to put one on mine...

As far as price, PM me, options make all the difference in the world... This exact knife, without the gut hook but using the same materials and procedures I used, will be about $150. Keeping in mind that is many hours of labor on the knife alone, plus the sheath. And ALL of the materials used are top of the line. If I didn't mention it above, I can also put your initials in the blade if so desired. Any reasonable size of lettering and location. I also provide an informal satisfaction guarantee that basically plays out as if you ain't happy, I'll make it right one way or another... lol.

BTW, one of the things I take pride in is I will not produce two knives that are exactly alike. I like for the buyer to have something that they can truly say is one of a kind. I will make variations of a design, but something will be different with each one...

Thank you for the compliments, truly appreciated...

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. It is... I make my knives to be tools. I don't do shelf queens, but I do respect those that do. As a matter of fact I have a few nice and shiny ones from other makers in my collection. I make my sheaths and knives to be used, and I hope that those who receive my work use them and are pleased with their performance...
By the way, for anyone interested this knife balances nicely right at the front edge of the index finger recess. It feels sturdy and solid in your hand and almost entices you to chop something. :)

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Yeah I'm interested. Without the guthook, a very small initials etching and a hole through the butt end of the grip for a lanyard. Half up front and half on delivery fair?

I'll PM you tomorrow and we can discuss details.

Thanks.

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Works for me. I can do a lanyard loop or hole. Esee style, etc or just tubular like the pins.
Thanks!

lightcycle1

Enlightened
PM sent back dude.
Let:s make it happen and make everybody jealous.

:D

lightcycle1

Enlightened
I may also be interested in a sheath like this for an old Bowie my grandfather gave me. :thumbup:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Paypal downpayment sent to get the ball rolling as discussed.

Looking forward to this.

Nice piece.

Thanks!

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Payment and pm received... Thank you very much. And I would love to do a sheath for your old bowie as well, just let me know! :)

thejames

Newly Enlightened
Stunning looking knife. Looks like a great finish - love the red filler detail.

Wish I had a fraction of your skill! :devil:

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much... The compliments are greatly appreciated...

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Stunning looking knife. Looks like a great finish - love the red filler detail.

Wish I had a fraction of your skill! :devil:

I'm excited about mine to come. Gti is building me one of those with a few minor detail changes. It will be my first custom blade and a one-of-a-kind. :thumbup:

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
And it is coming along nicely... :) I will send you some pics of progress monday. My weekend starts Monday...

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Sounds good. I'll watch for them to come in my email, or post them up, maybe you'll fish another customer out.....