How Do You Carry Your Alpha Light ?

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, How Do You Carry Your Alpha?

This could be any Alpha.

Well, I carry mine just in a spare pocket on my combat trousers most times.

I was considering a Kydex Holster, for me, the Alpha Ready Made feels out of place in something like that. it seems to outclass being in a holster like that.
that is a holster for more tactical use I feel.
A leather holster would be better, but for now it's in my trouser side pocket, & if not, maybe my jacket pocket with no coins and stuff and that I can hold feel it whilst walking and stuff, ready.

...Are Ready Made's carried with less concern compared to a 'blue label' alpha being a ready made?.

thank you.

:):thumbsup:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine lives in my flight suit's flashlight pocket on my inner left thigh. But on weekends it either ends up in my back left pocket if I'm wearing tac/cargo pants or in my inside jacket pocket if I'm in jeans or suited up.

My wife borrowed the Alpha for the day so ill get pictures either later today or tomorrow.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you an astronaut? is yours ready made?.

..thanks for the pictures on way.

Mine lives in my flight suit's flashlight pocket on my inner left thigh. But on weekends it either ends up in my back left pocket if I'm wearing tac/cargo pants or in my inside jacket pocket if I'm in jeans or suited up.

My wife borrowed the Alpha for the day so ill get pictures either later today or tomorrow.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I clip my Ready-Made on my belt. The titanium clip is much thicker than other titanium clips I have and it is very sturdy and robust. If the clip get loose - doesn't have tension - just put it on the light in reverse and carefully bend. Instructions (but no pictures) are on Dark Sucks site. I don't have a Blue-Label, but would feel comfortable using this method with it. The only thing I haven't done yet is add a lanyard. A lanyard is important in case you drop the tool. I learned this working on boats and on ladders. It seems the only time I dropped a tool was when it would fall into the water and be gone or would drop from a height that would either break it or break whatever it hit. A simple lanyard is just some cord with a clip on both ends - one on a belt loop and one cliped to the tool.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
im looking into a lanyard for my ready made.
you know any custom makers or so who makes these?.
some of the ones I've seen on some Blue Labels are lovely.
true; I guess something like a lanyard is needed as back up in case, especially with one of these lights as in damage cosmetics.

thanks.

I clip my Ready-Made on my belt. The titanium clip is much thicker than other titanium clips I have and it is very sturdy and robust. If the clip get loose - doesn't have tension - just put it on the light in reverse and carefully bend. Instructions (but no pictures) are on Dark Sucks site. I don't have a Blue-Label, but would feel comfortable using this method with it. The only thing I haven't done yet is add a lanyard. A lanyard is important in case you drop the tool. I learned this working on boats and on ladders. It seems the only time I dropped a tool was when it would fall into the water and be gone or would drop from a height that would either break it or break whatever it hit. A simple lanyard is just some cord with a clip on both ends - one on a belt loop and one cliped to the tool.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're very easy to make. I like spectra (Dyneema fiber) 12 strand braided rope. Light, stronger then steel, abrasion resistant and very easy to splice. Berkeley Point used to be a good source and they have instructions on the splice in their learning center. They are also a good source for hardware. But i haven't purchased anything from them in a couple of months. I like the McGizmo clips, especially the titanium ones. Try UniqueTitanium. Also google titanium gate snap - this is a bigger clip to attache to your belt loop. I posted a picture of a lanyard for my Peaks - it is either in a Peak Picture thread or an Oveready Picture thread. It takes 10 minutes to make. The purple turkshead took longer to tie than making the lanyard.

If you want something fancy, try knot heads worldwide or Frayed Knot Art - Vince makes some incredible stuff. ABOK is the bible of knots.

I'm always a victim of Murphy's Law. I was at a horse jumping show and forgot to put a lanyard on my Leica monoscope. I dropped it, it bounced around and then fell through the stands. I heard it crunch. So I'm not just a victim of water and ladders.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks yoyoman.
i really wish and pray that Jason one day has all of this, and more at Prometheus.
hope someone can fund his business to carry on making loads more of alpha related stuff, including lanyards.
would be so good, and such a custom feeling to buy from him, all of this!.

They're very easy to make. I like spectra (Dyneema fiber) 12 strand braided rope. Light, stronger then steel, abrasion resistant and very easy to splice. Berkeley Point used to be a good source and they have instructions on the splice in their learning center. They are also a good source for hardware. But i haven't purchased anything from them in a couple of months. I like the McGizmo clips, especially the titanium ones. Try UniqueTitanium. Also google titanium gate snap - this is a bigger clip to attache to your belt loop. I posted a picture of a lanyard for my Peaks - it is either in a Peak Picture thread or an Oveready Picture thread. It takes 10 minutes to make. The purple turkshead took longer to tie than making the lanyard.

If you want something fancy, try knot heads worldwide or Frayed Knot Art - Vince makes some incredible stuff. ABOK is the bible of knots.

I'm always a victim of Murphy's Law. I was at a horse jumping show and forgot to put a lanyard on my Leica monoscope. I dropped it, it bounced around and then fell through the stands. I heard it crunch. So I'm not just a victim of water and ladders.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally remembered to take a picture, and wouldn't you know that it wouldn't let me upload the thing from my computer. So here us inner from my phone.

jetegema.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Usually I use my Alpha at work, so it is in the side pocket on my work pants with my pens and markers and utility knife and work items.

hynuhyba.jpg

KVoimakas

Newly Enlightened
During the winter I carry mine in my left pocket. When the motorcycle comes out, I carry it in my right side inner vest pocket. Tried to keep it from getting banged up too badly but one slip onto blacktop and it was marred up a little bit. Price of it not being a safe queen, right?

Raze

Enlightened
bc76165e05f3ddd87e53b23a2bc445b5.jpg

One in a custom leather holster, the other carried daily clipped to my left pocket - from dress pants for work during week days, and jeans during weekends.