• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GD1000 availability?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GD1000 has been out of stock for some time now and is still nowhere to be seen in the Shoppe.
Will it be once again available? Will need some later this year.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like you go to the GD Buck/Boost Converter Blank product page and simply select the sense resistor combination that gives you the desired drive current. For a GD1000, you would select R1=0.10 and R2=0.10. Or if you have your own sense resistors available, you can solder in that combo yourself or just R1=0.05.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@JC
The GD1000 has been a readily available item which should remain in the Shoppe for the long run.
Besides, I wouldn't pay more for the GD blank+resistor option unless I really need something with a custom driving current (eg. GD833, ie. R1=R2=0.12)

And, given your logic, does that mean the NG1000s and SOB1000s should go too?

For the record, I don't have any soldering skills, nor do I know how to operate a normal soldering iron properly.
I also can't find anyone who has the skills and necessary equipment to achieve such fine soldering tasks... even if I have the right supply of 0603 resistors.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
@JC
The GD1000 has been a readily available item which should remain in the Shoppe for the long run.
Besides, I wouldn't pay more for the GD blank+resistor option unless I really need something with a custom driving current (eg. GD833, ie. R1=R2=0.12)

And, given your logic, does that mean the NG1000s and SOB1000s should go too?

For the record, I don't have any soldering skills, nor do I know how to operate a normal soldering iron properly.
I also can't find anyone who has the skills and necessary equipment to achieve such fine soldering tasks... even if I have the right supply of 0603 resistors.

By my logic? I don't appreciate your cracking wise with me. I am simply pointing out that the ONLY GD driver listed on The Sandwich Shoppe's web site is the blank converter, so it looks like you need to order the blank and get the sense resistors soldered on to get a GD1000. It's not as if there are also listings for the GD500, GD1000, etc and the current supply just happens to be zero. THEY AREN'T EVEN ON THE SITE. Do you see any hint of my suggesting how The Sandwich Shoppe ought to run their business? I don't think so, so there is no "logic" to extrapolate to the BBNG, SOB, or any other SS driver. If you can't solder, then it sucks to be you if you want the GD1000 but don't want to pay the price.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
There are 3 GD 1000 converters online. We can swap out resistors to any output ordered.

We have only a few GD converter boards in stock so we cannot provide every configuration.
Low demand = no new inventory.

Thanks and sorry Justin.