SH-g_Steel_01.jpg

SH-g_Steel_02.jpg

SH-g_Steel_03.jpg

SH-g_Steel_04.jpg

SH-g_Steel_05.jpg

[titanium version coming soon]

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This design shows promise, and I'd be interested in one (or 10) as well.

Subscribed.

Grizz

Tofty

Enlightened
I really like this, simple, elegant and functional.

A DLC coated titanium version would put these on everybody's wish list.

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys!

yoyoman, Silgt, Grizzman the first run (2mm stainless steel) was very small, in fact now I have for sale four only: 3x good ($16 each shipped) and one not so good (noticeable dings), this one must be $10 shipped

4sale.jpg

The second run (2mm titanium) scheduled on end of May

Tofty, unfortunately with small amount of parts I have – good coating double the price. Maybe sometime…

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take the other good one then. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the stainless steel lanyard-n-grip ring today. My initial impression, after removing it from the unique packing method, was that it's super stout and will definitely not be breaking any time soon.

Cosmetically, there are some tiny tool marks on the outside edge of the ring, but they aren't easy to see and could easily be buffed out if it bothered me (it doesn't). There are additional tool marks on the inside surface of the ring, but naturally, these aren't visible unless it is removed from the light. It's a very attractive design, and gives the impression that care was taken in the design. The inside diameter of the ring is less than that of my Dark Sucks, Malkoff, and Moddoo clips. It is quite helpful to remove the o-rings before installing/removing, but it does give it a nice slop-free fit.

Surefire 6P LED Defenderw/ McClicky'd Z41 tailcap and Z59 -

Personally, I consider 6Ps too chunky for comfortable long duration Rogers/Surefire technique use, but it is fully tolerable in a pinch. The shorter distance from tailcap end to ring is quite a bit shorter than implemented on C2s and Z2s, so if a user has extra large hands, it may be problematic. I have smaller than average hand size, and it works fine for me. Using a cigar grip is very comfortable, and the light is secured very well by the ring. It is also very comfortable to use an overhand grip, and the ring keeps the light in place, even with wearing fabric gloves. Although the ring is quite thick, there is slightly more than two pieces of notebook paper's worth of gap when the tailcap is fully tightened. This allows the ring to rotate freely and wobble slightly. I would prefer as much of the free play to be removed as possible (or completely). It would probably be better to make it even thicker to allow tight tailcap-ring-body contact vs making it thinner and using an o-ring to take up the excess space and eliminate the tendency to spin, like I do with all other clips I use with 6Ps. The outside diameter matches up very nicely with the diameter of the light.

Malkoff MD-Series -

The shrouded Malkoff tail cap eliminates the Rogers/Surefire technique as an option. It works as well in a cigar grip as the 6P. The less aggressive knurling of the Malkoff makes the ring even more useful with slick gloves and the overhand technique. As expected, the outside diameter of the ring also matches the Malkoff diameter very well. The Malkoff tail cap fully tightens against the ring for a solid no spin/wobble fit. My Surefire C2 tail cap on the Malkoff body gives a three notebook paper sheet gap. This combination does allow for the use of the Rogers/Surefire technique.

Solarforce L2P -

I've now had this light for almost a week, and have used it very little. I almost immediately dropped it into my day pack where it will likely spend its life. The shrouded tail cap of the L2P makes the Rogers/Surefire comments from the Malkoff section equally pertinent for this light also. I just slipped the ring quite easily over the o-rings during installation. It must have been a fluke, because it sure isn't sliding back over them. Again, the outside diameter of the ring matches up nicely with the light diameter (ya, this shouldn't surprise anyone). The Solarforce tail cap screws tightly against the ring, eliminating all movement. The C2 tailcap also screws tightly against the ring, eliminating all movement.

Overall, I'm very happy with the way the ring appears and functions, in the role of grip ring. I'll spend some more time with it over the next few days and weekend and will report back with any additional feedback. I will also try out my Surefire and McGizmo clipped lanyards with it and will provide my feedback. My suspicion is that it will work very well in this regard.

I will also test it with my Elzetta 2-cell light, which I completely forgot about. Yes, it's been a very long day.

Grizz

Last edited:

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Grizz! Just wow. It's extremely meticulous and thoughtful review, thank you a lot!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grizz, Great comments. I just have one question, how did you get yours before me? I'm still waiting and your observations are not helping with my patience.

dsche

Newly Enlightened
yoyoman, unfortunately Russian Post is really, really :rant:

It's slow, with worst logistic ever, but usually all packets deliver some day

But this month central sorting office in Moscow burnt off. It's not a joke. So if I can't see any changing in track near future – I'll just re-send your ring (I've reserve one for myself)

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my grip ring today. I agree with the Grizz's observations. Well thought out and unique design, stout and some minor marks from manufacturing. I'll try it tonight and may edit my post.
Edit: I put mine on a 3P (FM/WonderLite). I had to take the o-rings off to install. The diameters match up nicely. As Grizz noted, a tiny bit too thin and rotates and has a little wobble. Tried to use an o-ring between the body and grip ring, but there really isn't enough space. I like it on the 3P - very comfortable and useful. I am happy with it. Good luck with future runs.

Last edited: