• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

OR McClicky Kit in a Fury Tail

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I installed OR McClicky in both of my 6PX Pro tailcaps I have so... yes...

I believe the guts of tactical tailcap for X series is the same as Z41 as well...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Additional info:

X models have tailcaps modeled on previous gen tailcaps...
A/tactical models are based on Z41 twisty caps and are compatible with McClicky Kits.
B/pro models are based on Z59 clicky caps and are not.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional info:

X models have tailcaps modeled on previous gen tailcaps...
A/tactical models are based on Z41 twisty caps and are compatible with McClicky Kits.
B/pro models are based on Z59 clicky caps and are not.

Have they upgraded the Pro version recently ??? This is mine, taken from 6PX (which has the same shape as Fury Pro, I believe)...

Needle-nose pliers was all that I needed to unscrew clicky tailcap out of it and screw McClicky kit the same way back in...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm gonna try this mod, I got my Fury P2XD (A190109) has the grip ring mod, yet the stock clicky is so 'gummy' it bugs me because some presses won't 'click' in. :(

thanks OR!

vmpgsc

Newly Enlightened
I just installed an Oveready Z41 McClicky kit on a P2X Fury Tactical and it works great. Took less than five minutes.

metakorn

Newly Enlightened
Glad I found this. I've been waiting to get an EAG Fury, but since it's out of stock I'm getting the P2X tactical and am going to McClicky it. :)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a high/low Fury with a Fivemega body (for 18650) and a Fivemega Hepta tailcap that works both as a twisty and clicky. I mostly use it as a twisty. The clicky switch is a McClicky kit installed in the tailcap. It is one of my more useful lights --- and I have LOTS of flashlights! I find the size/shape/2-stage output/long runtime very useful....

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened
I have read this thread and just to be certain, does this mean that I could fit a McClicky swith in the tail cap of a SureFire P1R? I would like to convert the P1R Tactical to a forward clicky.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the Fury tailcaps the same as the new X series tailcaps? If yes, they fit..
I have a Z2X with the McClicky /brass ring inside.