Update information : This thread about XeRay XV-LX70
The difference from Lemax LX70 can be found here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthrea.php?378748-XV-LX70-vs-Lemax-LX70

XV-LX70-birdview-x-600.png

XV-LX70-side-view-x-600.png
XV-LX70-front-reflector-quality-600.png

XeRay™ XV-LX70 description
Quality & Design
This HID searchlight meets the demand of IK07 protection index against mechanical impact according to EU standard and IP68 protection index against liquid intrusion according to EU standard.

Body materials and surface treatment
Aerospace Aluminum alloy 6061 T6, 6082, Marine Aluminum Alloy 5083. All surfaces are hard anodized per MIL-A-8625.

HID light engine
This HID searchlight is powered by our propriety XeVision™ XePuck™ high efficiency digital ballast. Only genuine German brand HID bulbs are used, driven by our patented XeSparQ™ igniter. The emitted light from this source is formed to a precise beam by means of an electroformed (EF) 100 mm diameter parabolic reflector of highest precision and quality.

Lamp reflector
The outstanding reflector performance has been accomplished by using electro forming (EF) technology and high reflectance in the visible spectrum through a special Al coating and protection layer. The parabolic reflector surface is without visible distortions resulting in exceptional beam geometry and efficiency.

Power control electronics
Where necessary, all electronic contacts are gold plated. Electronics are RoHS compliant. An integrated power management system allows powering the HID searchlight with the attached battery pack or through an external power supply (12 VDC supply: wall outlet, vehicle system, generator). Furthermore, Dual Power mode can be locked for single Power use though this power management system.

Front glass lens
Very strong hardened and scratch proof and heat proof tempered Borosilicate glass. The glass is tested against impact according to the EU standard.

Battery pack
The safest available Li-Ion battery cells with highest quality are used for the battery packs. The batteries feature a protection circuit, and are designed for fast charging and many hundreds of charge cycles.

XeRay™ XV-LX70 specifications
Dual Light source power (DPM), switchable: 50 W and 70 W
Luminous flux: 5300 lumens (50 W) and 7500 lumens (70 W)
HID bulb life: 2000 hours with DL50/740 and XeSparQ™
Color temperature: 4000 °K @ 50 W
Input power: 12V DC
Reflector: Electro-formed (EF) parabolic Ni cup, 100 mm
Beam pattern approx.: center beam 1º, spill ring 15º @ 70 W
Effective illumination distance: 1300+m @70 W, 1000+m @50 W
Maximum lighting distance: 3000 m / 3280 yd.
Magnetic rotary ring switch: OFF, left turn 5 0W , right turn 70 W
Ingress protection: IP68
Water resistance: 50 m / 164 ft.
Rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack 14.4 VDC, 8500 mA
Battery pack life cycles: 1000
Battery pack run time: 140 min. / 100 min. (50/70 W)
Battery pack charge time: 350 min. (at 20°C)
Working temperature: -20°C [-4°F] up to +60°C [+140°F]
Max. working temp.: +120°C [+248°F] , max. 1 min.
Head bezel diameter: 117 mm / 4.61"
Body diameter: 69 mm/ 2.72"
Length: 318 mm / 12.52"
Weight with handle: 2200 g [4.85 lb.]
Body: Al alloy 6082 with rubber O-ring protection
Surface treatment: Hard anodizing: MIL-A-8625 mat black
Handle: Fiber reinforced ABS, removable
Tripod mount: 2 standard photographic tripod screw holes
Bulb change time: approx. 1 min.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Re: New Lemax LX70. Killer Polarion PH50.

Awesome light! I wonder if AE will once again market this under their name or if it will be a Lemax exclusive product?

I'm guessing this is a $2500-$3000 light?

The reflector size and runtime make this an serious performer. It looks like they've replaced the aluminum handle with a polycarbonate molded handle.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome light! I wonder if AE will once again market this under their name or if it will be a Lemax exclusive product?

I'm guessing this is a $2500-$3000 light?

The reflector size and runtime make this an serious performer. It looks like they replaced the aluminum handle with a polycarbonate molded handle.

Yes the handle is no longer aluminum. and this light is suitable for scuba diving.

Well someone stole my thunder, That is a joint project between XeVision and Lemax. They have always used our ballasts inside. We also helped with the electroformed reflector. This unit kills all the competition. I was planning to unveil in the next couple of days, but now the cat is out of the bag.
AE is out of the picture, and has been out for a long time. XeVision is the exclusive source for North America, and the units are being assembled in the USA by XeVision for the North American market. The housing parts and battery pack are still from Lemax. We are not ready to announce the price yet.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Apparently the LX70 is 1900. euros.

Since XeVision pricing isn't determined yet can you tell us if it's using 18650 cells, and if so, is that 10-12? Also, it has a 1000 hour bulb life, is this a 50W lamp over driven at 70W? Can you tell us what lamp it uses.

Thanks.

With regards to the other thread, when I saw this product I figured this is what the Xe50-70 was all about. I just couldn't believe that you let Lemax beat you to the announcement after all the delays and build up! :huh::confused::ohgeez:

It would have been so much more fun had we found out through you a week ago, had a album full of product pictures and specs with XeVision's name on it, including beamshots by BVH, and with a group buy price ready to go. We love ya buddy but you really need to hire someone to manage your marketing side.

:sssh:

Dmitriyrus

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

We will offer 2 bulb variants, one using a std D1S bulb, the other using our igniter socket (XeSparQ), and a DL50/740 installed.

Dmitriyrus says: "dirty light" I have used it a lot with a standard bulb, and I have no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:

Dmitriyrus

Newly Enlightened

We will offer 2 bulb variants, one using a std D1S bulb, the other using our igniter socket (XeSparQ), and a DL50/740 installed.

Dmitriyrus says: "dirty light" I have used it a lot with a standard bulb, and I have no idea what he is talking about.

Here are the photos - different Polarion PH50.
The photo shows that the light has a yellow top and white bottom.
On the Polarion PH40 I saw uniform illumination.
On Xeray 75W, light is also very uniform

syIqr.jpg
1AnLJ.jpg

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does this light compare in performance to a "Barn Burner".

Really there is no comparison in terms of build quality and optical quality. The barn Burner was a brute force instrument, built to a price. The LX70 is a refined high end product with performance to match.

Dmitriyrus

Newly Enlightened

Xeray, this flashlight (with lamp D2s) - the best of all.
He lacks one thing - normal battery indicator.
I know that in Lemax LX50 have a low battery indicator ...
Flashlight flashes when the battery residue of 10-15%.
I think the same thing at the Lemax LX70
This is not the best way to learn about the amount of energy in the battery
You do not plan to make the indicator as on Xeray or Polarion ?

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks XeRay. :thumbsup:

Could you perhaps toss us a Lux@1m figure for this light? Or at least if we should expect it to have more, less, or about the same throw as the Barn Burner.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Dan, is that something that I can use my unrequited stash of DL 50 Fatboys on?

http://www.lemax.cz/en/products/hid-searchlights/lx50.html

I have not verified that yet, we will eventually. The hole for the bulb is quite small and there are other possible factors.

Lux, did you mean the LX50 you linked or are you referring to the 50-70W that's coming? I would think it's a much better match for the 50-70W rather than the 35-50W of the LX50. The DL50 wouldn't be very happy driven at 35W right?

Patriot

Flashaholic

Thanks XeRay. :thumbsup:

Could you perhaps toss us a Lux@1m figure for this light? Or at least if we should expect it to have more, less, or about the same throw as the Barn Burner.

I'm totally going out on a limb here but it says that it has a head size of 117mm. I'm guessing the reflector is 100-105mm based on the pictures and it doesn't seem to have a lot of extra bulk around the head. With the D2s, it wouldn't surprise me if this light was above 650k lux which would be incredible combined with that kind of lumen output. I always likes the form factor of the LX50 but it was too similar in performance to other lights that I owned. The 50-70 definitely takes it to the next level.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm totally going out on a limb here but it says that it has a head size of 117mm. I'm guessing the reflector is 100-105mm based on the pictures and it doesn't seem to have a lot of extra bulk around the head. With the D2s, it wouldn't surprise me if this light was above 650k lux which would be incredible combined with that kind of lumen output. I always likes the form factor of the LX50 but it was too similar in performance to other lights that I owned. The 50-70 definitely takes it to the next level.

LX70 with 100 mm electroformed reflector, with XeVision XePuck 50/70 W ballast

I dont have the LUX figures yet.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

One site had it listed at 1,100,000 Lux (with help of new reflector) and 7400 Lumens

From memory the reflector on the L50 didn't give as nice of a beam as the Polarion.

Nice looking power-house of a light that's done right. Congrats Dan...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Dan, thanks for your answer. I figured it was worth posing, knowing how awesome the Fatboy has been.

Lux, did you mean the LX50 you linked or are you referring to the 50-70W that's coming?

Yes sir, that higher one.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Standard capacity battery is 14.4V / 6.4Ah, high capacity battery 14.4V / 8.5Ah. The type and how the cells are configured is proprietary.
Only premium quality (well recognized brand name) Li-Ion cells (made in Japan) with dual cell protection (each cell has 2 protections inside).
The completed Accupack (battery pack) has a 30A slow blow fuse link.

Last edited: