New Spur knife ready for consumption! - SOLD

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite knives to carry is the SHTF knife. I have owned many, still have several, and thought I would throw my hat in the ring... I have always liked the "spur" type of knife as they are small, versatile, and usually easy to conceal. I have had trouble finding one that had a large enough finger hole for my large fingers especially when I am wearing gloves... In addition, a lot of them are made of very thin steel, ideally to be light and easily concealed, however IMHO aren't easily used as a utility knife held in between the thumb and index finger as one would usually hold a small knife.

This my own take on the spur knife made out of nearly 1/4" thick 1075 steel, heat treated and double tempered. It is then finished out by hand, given a ride in the media tumbler, then treated to a forced patina. The blade is convex ground all the way to the nice sharp beveled edge. The finger hole in my example is 1" in diameter, however I can do any size someone might fancy, fitting the whole knife to an individual hand. I can also vary the finish to match personal preference upon request. I personally feel that this is one of the best all around EDC type knives I make. It can be held several different ways with ease, including on the pinky finger Karambit style which gives you a whole lot of nastiness in a nice compact package.

I have been carrying this example for a while now in a kydex necker type sheath. I can offer almost any variation upon request, and usually prefer to work with leather for my sheaths... Ignore the scratches on this example, I have been using it on the job, and testing it fairly extensively with excellent results. I don't think it occurred to me to take a picture of it when it was still gleaming and new, as I wasn't sure I was going to offer these up for sale. They are a bit of a pain to make to be honest... :)

My used one pictured here is for sale for $35+ shipping with the sheath... Upon request, I will make a new version for anyone who wants one, made to their specifications and to their individual fitment for $45 + shipping which includes this type of kydex neck sheath, or I can make a different type of sheath for a small charge.
The biggest advantage to buying the prototype is that it will be shipped out ASAP. My turnaround time for scratch made is usually 4-6 weeks as I usually have several projects in the works. Some of my work can be seen here in my other "Custom Forge" threads, or at my Google site: https://sites.google.com/site/lucycustomknives
fcfe9bb7d82676fa9ef05a30925da7a5.jpg
2f006a40e81996576cdb30d0e8ab8511.jpg
ba06eecf710d3e32fc5aa04942e1486c.jpg
e866c9a9575e4b039c052547d1c36d3c.jpg
dc16ff22275570be59573a8a34589fd1.jpg

Cheers! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Spur knife ready for consumption!

Also have a leather sheath I can throw in with my personal spur if anyone is interested. Forgot I made it... lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GTi474

Newly Enlightened

I have some spare 5160 begging for a project if anyone is thinking of treating themselves to a custom blade...... They make great father's day presents too... lol.

GTi474

Newly Enlightened

My personal spur is gone. Will still make you one if interested...

Coming next week I will offer up a sweet 7" recurve with hollow pins, olive micarta and white spacers made out of differentially hardened 1/4" 1075... Long compound grind. Nice chopper...

nbp

Flashaholic

Very very cool! I don't know what I'd use one for, but I love the design. :thumbsup:

GTi474

Newly Enlightened

It actually works very well as a general utility knife... Thanks for the compliment..

nbp

Flashaholic

Hmmm, with some sort of secure horizontal belt sheath, that could be nice for slashing boxes at work... although I'm concerned it might freak people out. :thinking:

GTi474

Newly Enlightened

If worn on the index finger you can still grab things without having to put the knife down.... and I can do any sort of sheath you may wish...