Tain Tribute Thread

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inspired by ideas from easilyled, and also from compasillo with his Jeff Hanko Tribute Thread, I've decided it's time to start a thread to highlight the amazing work of Tain. I hope this will be a good place for eye-candy pictures, discussion of Tain's lights from all eras, and just a great place for lovers of Tain's work to hang out and converse.

I'll start by posting a few of my favorite pictures of Tain's lights.

Full disclosure: two of the lights in these pictures (the Thud and the Thud LT) were sold by Steve Ku, but the machining work was done by the same machinist that Tain is now working with to create all his masterpieces.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Incredible pictures, incredible lights!

Tain's lights are quite exceptional and your pictures are a great tribute to them.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Daniel. I figured a thread like this would give us a place to gush over Tain's lights (to any extent we care to :devil:) without clogging up other threads. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Here are a few pictures of Tain's lights that I deem to be at least presentable after the formidable standards that Dave has set!

Last edited:

grayhighh

Enlightened
I some how likes the look of Hyperlux v1. Looks kinda cute when compare to its brothers.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea Dave. This thread promises to be one of the specials.
Thanks guys for such a great photos! I want to let you know I'll save every picture to my HD for personal drooling purpose only ;-)

easilyled

Flashaholic
I some how likes the look of Hyperlux v1. Looks kinda cute when compare to its brothers.

I love all the Hyperluxes, but my Combat Hyperlux with the side-tritiums in the tail is my favourite. Its also probably my favourite light in my entire collection.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea Dave. This thread promises to be one of the specials.
Thanks guys for such a great photos! I want to let you know I'll save every picture to my HD for personal drooling purpose only ;-)
Thanks Ramon. :) I've very much enjoyed your Jeff Hanko tribute thread, so I thought this seemed like the next logical step.

And I do the same thing with a number of pictures I see on CPF. ;)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love all the Hyperluxes, but my Combat Hyperlux with the side-tritiums in the tail is my favourite. Its also probably my favourite light in my entire collection.
It's becoming more and more difficult for me to identify a single light that is my favorite. Having said that, if I had to choose just one, right now it would likely be my Thud 26650.

I like everything about that light - the heft, the proportions, the feel in my hand, and especially the heavy dose of trits in my special edition! :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
It's becoming more and more difficult for me to identify a single light that is my favorite. Having said that, if I had to choose just one, right now it would likely be my Thud 26650.

I like everything about that light - the heft, the proportions, the feel in my hand, and especially the heavy dose of trits in my special edition! :)

Your Thuds are quite magnificent, Dave.

Here are a couple of pictures that I've just taken featuring my bead-blasted 26650 Thud and Combat Hyperlux:-

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Daniel. I really like the bead-blasted battery tube on your Thud 26650! :) I think it contrasts nicely with the bare titanium on the head and tail.

Also, I like the way the 26650 is slightly out of focus on the second picture.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Also, I like the way the 26650 is slightly out of focus on the second picture.

Thanks Dave. I also had another picture the other way round but that just seemed wrong to my eyes.

It always seems more natural for the object in the foreground to be the one that's more in focus when using a shallow DOF, I think.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave. I also had another picture the other way round but that just seemed wrong to my eyes.

It always seems more natural for the object in the foreground to be the one that's more in focus when using a shallow DOF, I think.
I've also taken some the other way round and I had the same reaction.

easilyled

Flashaholic
How did you take that first picture? Its really spectacular.
(It looks like the lens was zooming in and out)

I hope you manage to display all your other pics soon.