anyone take an alpha for a dip?

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys, I know that Jason has tested his lights to be water resistant to something crazy like 300 feet. but I was wondering if anyone has taken their flashlight for a swim and tested out its water resistance first hand.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
so far I have left it in some few feet cold bath water for some 1 hour, on low - not any problems at all.
even left it in the freezer on high for an hour - nothing wrong at all.
left in heavy hong kong rain for a day - still fine, and working.
wondering how to test it next?. lol.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started this thread as I was going on vacation in mexico and for some reason im a fan of swimming in pools after the lights have been turned off. I took both my blue label alpha and my copper alpha and swam with them every night. no water ingression whatsoever.

rnsams

Newly Enlightened
I've taken mine night swimming in pool and ocean a number of times. No problems at all!

Raze

Enlightened
Funny that I am reading this post whilst being on my way home from a beach resort getaway.

Swam in the pool and in the ocean with my Alpha - no prob at all.

nbp

Flashaholic
Took my Ready Made swimming for 20 minutes or so in my friends' pool after dark tonight. Nooo problems.

Griff609

Newly Enlightened
My wife put mine through the washing machine twice lol. Still use it every night when I walk the dog.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Mine went into a lake with me fully clothed. Not only stayed in my pocket but absolutely no impact to the light at all. As far as the finish goes, just as a point, I did wash it off thoroughly with clean water afterwards. Between the unanticipated swim and the washing off under clean water in the sink, no adverse affect at all. FYI....AWESOME light!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
figured id chime in again. ive had a bespoke alpha now for over 3 years and a blue label for almost 4. taken them swimming countless times at this point with no signs of water getting in the lights. so with that said, i would like to hereby certify that these lights are 100% pool approved.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my beta 6ft under the Mediterranean.

9f1068b18c80d16f334cd4ecceaa2551.jpg