how is your flucero28 custom program set up?

primeform

Newly Enlightened
Looking for ideas how to program my mac tri edc. If you have had your mac programmed by flucero or somebody else please post how many modes, what light levels, what sequence, the kind of memory, and memory reset time that you chose.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two on the way back from him now. Hybrid memory, .5 second latch time, 5mode, firefly, moonlight, and the stock LMH.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
thanks for response kdm. Is that the order that your modes cycle through?

gunga

Flashaholic
I no longer have it, but had hybrid memory, 0.5 sec, firefly, 2, 25, 125, 450 lumen. Liked it though next time I would lower the mid mode to say 90 lumen, I think I was a bit too much spread.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for response kdm. Is that the order that your modes cycle through?

Yes, with hybrid memory it will remain in a selected mode as long as it's switched on and off after a .5 second on time. Regardless of the mode it's in it will begin at firefly when cycled to the next mode. Soft pressing the switch from off to cycle through the modes.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
ok that helps me understand it better. does it make a big difference having the .5 sec switch time vrs like 2 seconds? I can switch back to first mode without turning the flashlight on with hybrid memory? I dont want to blind myself in pitch dark with high before I can get back to firefly.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference between a half a second and two seconds is quite abit of time when mode latching. Say your using the light in a certain mode, then turn it off. It would have to stay on 2 seconds or longer to hold that mode in memory. If it's on for less than two seconds the next time it's turned on it will return to firefly. If you are just spot checking something the longer mode latch time can be aggravating, unwanted mode changing.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hybrid memory
1 second latch

(All drive levels in milliamps as measured by me with a fresh IMR cell)

My next TRI-EDC will be programmed with the following levels...

75 (I actually *might* make this level the first in the sequence...haven't decided)
900 (This is really about as high as you want to run it continuously due to heat, IMO. The 1200 level on my current light gets a bit too warm after 10-15 minutes.)

Last edited:

primeform

Newly Enlightened
thanks colonel. who did your programming? they are programed by miliamps i take it?

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
flucero (Frank) did it. He's the only one I am aware of that does this. Yeah, I call it by mA but you could also call 300mA .3a instead, for example. 1000mA = 1 amp.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Custom work and custom programming performed on my Mac's Tri EDC by flucero28:

The emitters have been upgraded to neutral (5000K) XPG2's.

5 levels & hybrid memory with 0.5 sec latch time. Last mode memory, but reverts back to the lowest level on next change sequence.

Lumen levels are Moonlight (3L), Low (15L), Med (125-150L), High (300L), and Trainlamp (650L).

The represented (I didn't check them) mA ratings are (3L / 6mA), (15L / 12mA), (125-150L / 410mA), (300L / 1A) and (650L / 3A).

This combination has been working out perfectly for me.

Last edited:

primeform

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the repsonse jkid. can you explain this a little better? "Last mode memory, but reverts back to the lowest level on next change sequence." Do I have to turn the flashlight on to get back to lowest level?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the repsonse jkid. can you explain this a little better? "Last mode memory, but reverts back to the lowest level on next change sequence." Do I have to turn the flashlight on to get back to lowest level?

I you have the light on in Med for longer than .5 seconds, the light will come on in Med the next time you turn it on. It will then cycle to its lowest mode on next change.

Hope that makes sense.

jkid1911, glad you are enjoying this.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
Im going to steal your new setup colonel. Do you think the 300mA level is necessary? maybe ill stick to 4 levels and eliminate that one. 6 75 900 2800 hybrid with one second latch time.

Flucero28

Enlightened
If anyone has any questions please email me flucero 2 8 at a o l dot com!

Cheers!

Frank

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank is the man! He took my lights that I could use for certain tasks and turned them into lights I can use for all my task. Thanks to Mac and Frank for the awesome work.

primeform

Newly Enlightened
My light is headed your way next week frank. Its on its way to get its clip anodized first, then directly to you.

If anyone has any questions please email me flucero 2 8 at a o l dot com!

Cheers!

Frank

Flucero28

Enlightened
Sounds good primeform! Can't wait to see the anodized clip.

Frank

Edit: your light is ready primeform! Need your shipping info.

Last edited: