• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Discussion and Updates

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
More heads and parts are available:

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/cat_22.html

More TL35 and 130 are ready to ship

More Slims are ready to ship, including 35, 50 and 65

A few H1 (singe mode) heads and lights are ready to ship

This will be the last brass Twisty for a while

Clickys are brass tailcap only until next month​

kingcow

Newly Enlightened
Do you know when the natural TL65 will be ready? I do not see it on the website.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates? It seem like the ETA is always off.

I've got them sitting at the laser shop now.
Need to get them back here and ship to Dan at OR.
I know you guys have been waiting patiently. I'll get them out in Dec.

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
Any updates?

I've been longing for one of these Lights and have ready through the various websites... Can anyone tell me what exactly the difference is between the H1 & H3 heads listed here:

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/cat_22.html

I'm a bit of an newbie on Oveready lights but have several customs... McGizmos and Macs... just trying to expand my collection. :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi redsnake,

As stated in the Oveready site, their engines and heads follow this nomenclature:
Universal Name Key: LEDcount / Format [space] Power Modes Tint

So what is available now are the cool varieties of the Triple heads - H=High output, 1=Single mode or 3=Triple mode heads.

Last edited:

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help! I've read so many posts the past few weeks it gets confusing at times. :)

So I'm putting together my 'order' ... and would appreciate any input on whether this is correct.

Moddoolar Triple H3 head
TL65 body (but apparently this isn't in stock? ... can't seem to find it but will keep looking)
McClicky MEDpress switch
I'd like a clip, but not sure on how to add that.

I like the idea of being able to run either 1x18650 or 2x18350 (both sets of batteries I already have)

Looking forward to getting one of these.

Last edited:

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all! I just placed my first order for this Moddoolar flashlight. Added in a short and long body for different forms of carry and the tailcap for the McClickly. Along w/a few more batteries since it seems one can never have enough of those. :) Excited to see how this one works when it gets here.

cjmorris

Enlightened
I am dying to get my first moddoolar light. I want the shortest possible clicky that can use a pocket clip and hi cri head in all black. Any idea when the hi cri heads will be in Stock again?

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Moddoolar light combo... GREAT light!! Haven't had a chance to try it out in the dark yet, but that'll come tonight.

Any ideas when the TL65-S bodies will be available? I picked up the TL35-S and the DB 130mm tubes... just need the TL65-S to complete the versatility of this package.

skfurr1

Newly Enlightened
Agreed! I have the 35, 65 and 130 bodies and it's the ultimate in versatility!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoo bodies are under the knife this month and are lined up for coating next month.

Fingers crossed for completion before March.

reyess126

Newly Enlightened
Oveready pocket moddoolar - batteries \ recommendations for triple head light

Hi!

I'm relatively new to the forum, but wanted to ask a brief question - and appologies in advance if this is not the proper venue for this.

I have owned in the past several production lights (Fenix pd35, surefire EB1 and EB2, Eagletac D25C, even a brief time with a mcgizmo haiku hi-cri).

Recently, I ordered an Oveready pocket Moddoolar light (This being my first Multi LED light...). The exact configuration on it's way to me is :

-Body Size - DB 65mm (1x18650, 2x18350)
-
Light Engine - Triple H3 LMH Cool XPG2

Now, my understanding is that with the tube size I've chosen I can (obviously) use an 18650, or two 18350s.

I have an Xtar MP1-s charger and the following batteries en route :
-AW Protected 18650 2900mAh
-AW Protected 18650 3400mAh
-2x AW IMR 18350 700mAh

I understand that the use of two cells will provide enough V to the light to keep current fully regulated, and also reach top illumination... But at what cost to runtime? (The two IMRs being only 700mAh each).

Am I correct in assuming that Ill experience much much MUCH longer run time with a protected 3400mAh, but sacrifice around 30% max illumination, as well as regulation of current throughout the drain of the cell?

Why would I ever use an imr 18650 then?

For someone that doesn't use their light as a primary job tool, and more as a hobbyist, what run times could i expect charging my two IMR 700mAh cells in my MP1-S and using them instead of a large 18650? Does anyone have any experience with this in this particular light?

My initial plan is to use the two 18350s for the max output and regulation since I don't require absolutely absurd runtime...I just want to know how long I can expect on the different power levels.

Apologies to the community if this seems a bit silly to ask - I'm still relatively new to this, and even newer still to different battery chemistry \ sizes.

Thank you for reading

Last edited:
Re: Oveready pocket moddoolar - batteries \ recommendations for triple head light

Hi reyess,

I don't own this particular light, but the basic specs are online. This dropin requires 3.8v as you found out for full regulation, but it has a boost driver for use with one Li-ion. Those IMR cells will give you some added safety as opposed to ICR's and will be much safer than a pair of CR123a. Total runtime might be expected to be: 8v/3.6v*.9*700mah/4650ma=0.30h or 18.1 minutes. The boost circuit will continue to kill your cells after that, and since they do not have protection, they will be killed pretty dead if you are not careful.

On the other hand, that 3400 cell will get you more than an hour at 30% reduced lumens, and the protection will pop before you kill the cell. If it was me, I'd run the 2 IMR for occasional wow, but the 18650 for regular use