• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ZeroRez Family: Twisty, Shorty, & Mounty

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What began as a simply solution to support ridiculous amps with no (zero) resistance, has grown into an entire family of brass tailcap inserts. Each can be installed into a variety of Z41 and compatible tailcaps.

ZeroRez.jpg

ZeroRez Twisty (ZRT)
Works with the SF twisty + momentary package, adding no length

ZeroRez Shorty (ZRS)
Twisty only, adds 15mm to any standard body+tailcap package

ZeroRez Mounty (ZRM)
Twisty only, adds 1/4 tripod socket to any standard body+tailcap package

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been searching for tripod/flashlight options the last couple of days. Then I get the newsletter and what do they have, tripods and the ZRM tail switch mount. Got one of each on the way, thanks for offering these.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure if I am asking in the right place, but can I just check if the brass insert for the Zero Resistance Twisty can be easily removed & changed, Just like the McClicky?
The installation guide mentioned that we need to 'tap the factory rivet into the center', so I thought that it might be a permanent installation, or difficult to make changes in the future.
Thank you!

-JonK

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I am not sure if I am asking in the right place, but can I just check if the brass insert for the Zero Resistance Twisty can be easily removed & changed, Just like the McClicky?
The installation guide mentioned that we need to 'tap the factory rivet into the center', so I thought that it might be a permanent installation, or difficult to make changes in the future.

The ZRT requires the factory SF parts for attachment. Even when you have special tooks for removal, frequent processing will wear out the parts, reducing their lifespan. Of the 3 options above, the 2nd and 3rd can be changed as easily as our McClicky click. The first (required for momentary function) needs most of the SF factory parts.

For changing between McClicky and ZRT, we recommend two tailcaps.

MMD

Enlightened
I really like these on my C size tails. Too bad we don't have something like this for E series. I think an E1 body with a shorty style +15mm would make a cool light. I suppose you would have to bore out the body at the tail side for it to work but then you could tail load. You could use a 17500, 14500 or AA. I would be interested in using 1xAA with a custom led boost driver.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question regarding the ZeroRez Twisty (ZRT):

I have an old Surefire 9Z with a tailcap that doesn't have a lockout feature. I'm wondering if installing a ZRT would allow lockout operation?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I have a question regarding the ZeroRez Twisty (ZRT):

I have an old Surefire 9Z with a tailcap that doesn't have a lockout feature. I'm wondering if installing a ZRT would allow lockout operation?

Our ZRT is the stock Z41 guts with a new disk in place of the disk+spring. The lockout functionality comes from its installation in the tailcap. Without the threads of the newer tailcap, none of our tailcap options will hold, so none will provide the lockout you seek. The only option is replacing the 9Z tailcap in a newer threaded model. Once you have that you can do whatever you like.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our ZRT is the stock Z41 guts with a new disk in place of the disk+spring. The lockout functionality comes from its installation in the tailcap. Without the threads of the newer tailcap, none of our tailcap options will hold, so none will provide the lockout you seek. The only option is replacing the 9Z tailcap in a newer threaded model. Once you have that you can do whatever you like.

Thanks for the quick, informative reply!

Strintguy

Enlightened
Zero Rez Shorty

Hi, when using a ZR shorty, do you forgo the ability to mode switch for a light, or can you quickly screw in and loosen to switch modes?
thanks

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Zero Rez Shorty

Most modules look for an interruption in the power. This works just fine with the ZRS.

To simulate this, leave your current switch turned on and rotate the tailcap open/closed.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

I have a ZRS in one of my Surefire lights (containing an OR 3-mode triple) and mode changing is a breeze, easy as can be.

engineeringmatt09

Enlightened

I also use zrs but in tl50 moddoo body for 18650 set up for triple and quad and pretty smooth! Great set up for high power drop ins and it's compact too!!

GusManB

Enlightened

Hi I know this thread is old but I see the ZRS are out of stock, and would like to order. Thanks!

grr

Newly Enlightened

Recently see ZRM no longer on site, discontinued or something?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Recently see ZRM no longer on site, discontinued or something?
We are considering design changes and will likely not bring the ZRM back in its original form. We should have something this winter.

grr

Newly Enlightened
ZeroRez Family: Twisty, Shorty, & Mounty

We are considering design changes and will likely not bring the ZRM back in its original form. We should have something this winter.

Thank! Im using ZRT and want tailstand of ZTM, hope new form still has that feature