Vintage Laser Archive

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned in my introduction, I collect vintage lasers and related equipment. The collection now includes 170 lasers, about 40 plasma tubes and emitters, 35 power meters and detectors, 24 orphaned power supplies, and 170 laser & holography related artifacts. Amongst the lasers, there are 50 from the '60s, 50 from the '70s, 40 from the '80s and 30 since then.

The lasers and laser related pieces are available for viewing on a private google site. Anyone interested in checking it out is welcome to do so by sending me a PM with your email address so I can put it on the list for viewing. Here's an article I wrote a few years ago describing a few of them:
http://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=45242

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
Just came back to give a little update. The archive has grown to now include almost 400 lasers and about 350 related artifacts. The google site is now accessible to anyone with the link, which is here: https://sites.google.com/site/vintagelaserarchive/ Since this site is primarily intended to just be a place to store information about the collection off site, the pictures are small. Larger pics are probably included in my posts on Photonlexicon describing them. Anyway, check it out!

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a huge white laser in a big white painted wooden case (looks like an old gun case from WWII, but it has all matching logos and insignia for the laser). In rough shape but seems like it's all there. Friend found it in an abandoned building under a pile of leaves exposed to the elements. One of these days I have to go take it back out. I recall in the instruction manual (still intact) looked like some sort of tunnel / hole surveying laser the booklet looks like it's from the 70's but I doubt it's that old.