Replacement retaining ring for tailcap boot?

d337944

Enlightened
Hey guys

When I received my tri-edc back in April, I had to change out the boot as the original that came with it had a chunk missing from the bottom "rim" section - the boot wasn't sitting straight, and as I found out the missing chunk would have affected the water-proofing. Luckily my spare O-light M20 GID boot fit perfectly! :thumbsup:

Anyway, in doing so I had to use tweezers to remove the soft / easily-scratched plastic retaining ring around the boot itself, and now it looks ugly. Its only cosmetic, but does anyone know where I could find replacement rings (even non-genuine) that may fit? I've tried the retaining ring for Surefire E1's but they're too big.

I haven't asked Mac yet, as he's obviously swamped with work.

Cheers :wave:

d337944

Enlightened
Found my own solution :)

I flipped the retaining ring over (where the plastic is smooth), made two tiny indentations in the plastic on the opposite sites of each other with an awl (thick drawing pin or needle might do), then widened/deepened the indentations slightly with a toothpick.

After that it was simple to use a pair of tweezers to carefully tighten the ring down, and not scratch the plastic surface this time!

Easy fix ... but can only be done once! :thumbsup:

Latest posts