Anyone order from Fasttech?

kuksul08

Enlightened
I'm trying to source XM-L2 Neutral white ~4000K and Warm white ~3000K LEDs on 20mm star boards. Stumbled on Fasttech: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1609/10003889/1425000

They have a few different bin options and prices well below any US supplier. Has anyone used them that can verify their quality before I order?

edit: I notice that they advertise T6-4C bin for these Neutral whites. According to Cree's binning and labeling sheet, that is 4500K and they only go up to T5. Is T6 actually available?

Last edited:

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
Well I've used them a few times and know a lot of people use them and swear by them, but I haven't gotten into tints enough to be able to tell whether what you get is what's advertised. They are one of the few that actually specify bins, so you'd assume that's based on the supplies they are getting; being specific will attract a closer inspection by those wanting specific things, so you'd imagine they'd be picked up if they were not supplying the right part.

Put it this way, I personally would definitely buy from them, they are one of the first places I look nowadays, but I don't have enough cross-section of tints to be able to compare what I get, and I'm currently not overly fussy if it's off by a sector or two; warm vs neutral vs cool is OK for me, general tint area better/nicer, specific tint I probably couldn't tell unless side-by-side.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I use them all the time for parts and other than one terribly long "lost in the mail" incident I have no complaints. FT is much better priced than DealExtreme FWIW.

poolman966554

Newly Enlightened
I use them all the time for parts and other than one terribly long "lost in the mail" incident I have no complaints. FT is much better priced than DealExtreme FWIW.

I haven't had any shipment issues with them, otherwise i fully agree.

kuksul08

Enlightened
Yeah, I would assume I am getting a specific bin because they are specifying the exact bin and color temperature rather than just saying "T3" or "T4" which doesn't really tell you anything.

I'll give them a try. The reason I ask is I will be ordering about 30 XM-L2's and obviously want them to be correct.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for Fasttech.
So far no missing or delayed shipment for me, & I've bought over $1000 from them alrdy! Haha..

And I've bought over 10 + emitters of various bin. So far, i did comparison with photos online & all are pretty accurate

- JonK

Last edited:

kuksul08

Enlightened
+1 for Fasttech.
So far no missing or delayed shipment for me, & I've bought over $1000 from them alrdy! Haha..

And I've bought over 10 + emitters of various bin. So far, i did comparison with photos online & all are pretty accurate

- JonK

Uh oh I think we need to have a talk about our little addiction :D

I've spent thousand(s) on LED related projects. Yikes!

k Thanks everyone this looks like a no-brainer. $4 top shelf LEDs already on a board!

Olympus620

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to source XM-L2 Neutral white ~4000K and Warm white ~3000K LEDs on 20mm star boards. Stumbled on Fasttech: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1609/10003889/1425000

They have a few different bin options and prices well below any US supplier. Has anyone used them that can verify their quality before I order?

edit: I notice that they advertise T6-4C bin for these Neutral whites. According to Cree's binning and labeling sheet, that is 4500K and they only go up to T5. Is T6 actually available?

I recieved an email yesterday explaining my order was split in two because FT didn't have the Cree XM-L U3-1C 6500-7000K in stock. When I ordered it was in stock so this could be looked at two ways. They are going to pay for additional shipping to ensure I atleast get a partial order or they should have never sold me something that was not listed as out of stock. Otherwise my other 3 orders from FT went well. They were recently slammed by the chinese postal service delays every flashlight\battery supplier was.

shortstack

Enlightened
I have ordered quite a few times from them. LEDS (cree and non cree) audio cords, drivers, ect. I like them best out of all the "ship directly from china places (dx, manafont, kd, and cnq)" I did have a problem with one of the drivers and they shipped me a new one.

jason 77

Enlightened
I haven't gotten into tints enough to be able to tell whether what you get is what's advertised. They are one of the few that actually specify bins, so you'd assume that's based on the supplies they are getting

Same here.... plus they have a nice selection of cheap nicely made flashlight "hosts" to choose from and I have never had any shipping or order problems.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only ordered from them once for a driver module fot an SST-50. It was only 3 modes when they said 4 or 5, but other than that it was pretty painless.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Bumping this thread.
Was a year or more since I bought from them last time.
No problem then.

How is it now?

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I just remembered that I ordered from them last october.
Worked pretty well but was some delay until they actually shipped the lights.

Ordered a couple of nitecore lights from them, we'll see how that works out, my first nitecore.

znomit

Enlightened
Ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Only real gripe is they keep sending me spam even though I've told them not to in my account settings.