Seeking refund

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
It's Christmas
I'd rather have the money back to spend on family.
It was one thing to buy for myself back when I ordered it but that was a ways back.
So whats the best way to get the $$ back?
Reading here it appears there's no way to contact Mac.
Is it best to contact Paypal directly or what?
No flies on the Mac, just a matter of timing and demand.

Any advice on reimbursement is welcome.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you paid via Paypal, you should be able to log-in to your account and look up the transaction. In the details section it will have the e-mail address that the payment was sent to. I would expect he keeps an eye on that account if that's where the money is coming in!

nagod

Newly Enlightened
when did you buy it? imo buyers remorse isnt a legitimate reason to open a paypal claim.accept a minor loss and sell it here or on ebay.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
when did you buy it? imo buyers remorse isnt a legitimate reason to open a paypal claim.accept a minor loss and sell it here or on ebay.
This isn't about buyers remorse but not receiving an item that was paid for within the time that was quoted. Unfortunately, this isn't the first instance for Mac. He makes wonderful lights but scheduling and communication have a ways to go to reach the same quality as that of his lights.

nagod

Newly Enlightened
ok misunderstood.sorry. unfortunately,there is a time limit to seeking a paypal refund,but i would try.

tripham

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the same boat. Its way pass the given due date for the light and I've tried half a dozen time to contact concerning updates. I finally got frustrated with no answer so I ask for a refund. Absolutely no response. I contacted paypal and they opened up a case and sent Mac an email requesting an update or refund. Still nothing. If I had known that this business has such poor customer relations and meeting due dates I would have never ordered the light. And nagod is right, there is a time limit to seeking refund (45 days) and we have passed it. Mac must know this so he doesn't even bother to answer the call or email from paypal. Not sure what else to do other than warn others planning to order.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I got a reply to my second, more curt, email this morning!
Says it was already ready and was shipping this week.

I won't leave him holding the bag on something specifically made for me.
The timing on it being ready is interesting, eh that's kinda an understatement.
I must have impeccable timing.

Leaving it up to him if he ships it or refunds the money at this point. I do want to be fair.

Kinda looking forward to seeing the date he actually ships it out stamped on the package, since it's "ready" today apparently. Today is December 5th.

However he didn't say how long it's been ready. Could of finished it 3 weeks ago and been too full of Christmas social anxiety to drive it to the damn post office for all I know...... J/K

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
1 month, 6 days, and counting

not such a long wait honestly....
i just figured it was never coming so instead of having 102$ in limbo I'd get a refund and buy more Christmas presents

seems like I may of been mistaken

shilohsharps

Newly Enlightened

i just figured it was never coming so instead of having 102$ in limbo I'd get a refund and buy more Christmas presents

I can can appreciate that. I ordered a Tri-EDC this October......already getting anxious.

drpower

Newly Enlightened
Waiting for shipments for longer than a week gets me anxious. I live in Canada, and if I buy from the states and it gets delayed by customs it can take up to 3 weeks. If during that time, I have found something I would rather have done with the money then I start getting that SEEKING REFUND feeling lol! Usually when the item arrives, I appreciate it for the reason I bought it for in the first place and am ok with the time it took. Longest I ever waited for an item was a month and a half with no tracking number, hopefully this works itself out for you in the long run.

Redhat703

Enlightened
I once shipped out a flashlight to Italy. The USPS tracking number did not show any progress as later I was told by USPS rep that they could not track it. I thought it got lost and was going to refund money to the buyer because the 45 days was going to pass.
It finally arrived at the day of 43 :)

stewdogg

Enlightened
To be fair it does state on his site that the wait could be up to 6 weeks... on the other hand I waited over 2 months for my Ti XML EDC... Good luck!

nbp

Flashaholic
If it was truly ready on the 5th, and let's say shipped on the 6th, even by slow First Class mail and taking into account the holiday surge, you should still have it by Friday I would say. If it was ready...... :popcorn:

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
I ordered a 26650 in March....$249

It has been 9 months with one promise to ship in July from Mac....my last 3 emails have gone unanswered.

SGT.Led would you mind sending Mac's address via P.M.

Thanks

Jaykayyy

Newly Enlightened
9 months is absurd. Though I've waited 25 months for a SACS Pro 1911.... I was planning on ordering a copper tri edc, but im hesitant now. Wait times I do not mind, but I find it completely unacceptable to have such poor communication with a customer.

Anyone else have recent experiences to share regarding wait times for current orders?

Univtex34

Newly Enlightened
9 months is absurd. Though I've waited 25 months for a SACS Pro 1911.... I was planning on ordering a copper tri edc, but im hesitant now. Wait times I do not mind, but I find it completely unacceptable to have such poor communication with a customer.

Anyone else have recent experiences to share regarding wait times for current orders?

2 months from order to delivery on an aluminum model.