WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES!!]?

Capolini

Banned
WHAT BREED AND HOW MANY DOGS[POOCHES]!!]?

Mans best friend. How many of you Flashaholics have Dogs? What breed/how many Dog do you have?

I know for sure that I would never have purchased an LED Torch if it was not for my Siberian Husky, "Capo"! It is a necessity to have a torch for safety and navigation! I walk Capo at least 6.5 miles a day[10.46KM].Two of my night walks are on semi-Isolated dirt roads with 0 to 5 cars driving by in an Hours+ time. The other is on a hiking trail with no cars! :)

I blame Capo for turning me into a Flashaholic! I reached 20 torches in my first year! :eek:

He is my only Dog and one is enough,,,,being that I live in a Condominium!! He is a great Dog and loved by all.An Absolute "Chick Magnet"!! lol! He is VERY alert, has a very high prey drive, escape artist[!!!], agile, athletic and a great disposition!

He will be Three[3] the day after Christmas[12.26.2013/26.12.2013!] Date numerically diversified for ALL CPF members around the World! ;)

Please tell me about your pooches! No Dog is better than another. They are all special in their own way! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!:santa:

PHOTO WAS TAKEN A FEW WEEKS AGO.THANKS TO NORM FOR HELPING ME POST IT!!!

11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful dog. My family had a Husky when I was young and seeing your photo reminds me of how much he enjoyed the cold of winter as opposed to the summer heat of Kentucky. On those rare occasions we would have a few inches of snow, you could look out the window and see him just sprawled out on the ground.

My current dog is a Red Heeler, a.k.a. an Australian Cattle Dog. He turns 11 years old this week but is so energetic I still almost think of him as a pup. It's hard to believe he's practically a senior citizen in dog years. His name is Bo.

One valuable lesson I have learned is to never name your dog something that rhymes with "no" :ohgeez:

Capolini

Banned
Beautiful dog. My family had a Husky when I was young and seeing your photo reminds me of how much he enjoyed the cold of winter as opposed to the summer heat of Kentucky. On those rare occasions we would have a few inches of snow, you could look out the window and see him just sprawled out on the ground.

My current dog is a Red Heeler, a.k.a. an Australian Cattle Dog. He turns 11 years old this week but is so energetic I still almost think of him as a pup. It's hard to believe he's practically a senior citizen in dog years. His name is Bo.

One valuable lesson I have learned is to never name your dog something that rhymes with "no" :ohgeez:

Thank You!!

Hey,,"Bo" and "Capo" may share the Same Birthday,or at least close!! Capo will be 3 on December 26th, when is Bo's B'day?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We used to have a Vizsla. Now that was an energetic dog!

Biscuit is a flashaholic, too. She goes nuts when I go near my flashlights. She knows we're either going for a walk or just going to hang and compare beams or tints.

Capolini

Banned
Biscuit should be immortalized in plush. One of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen.

~ Chance

Biscuit is a great looking pooch!! The OP's is not too shabby either!

I would not go so far as to say immortalized!! ;)

I can only think of a handful that actually are. Ever here of "Balto" or "Togo"? :)

Capolini

Banned
Time to add Capo to the list.
g1mg.jpg
Awesome!!! :twothumbs I have A Mother and a Pup just like that! They are Black and White like Capo! lol!

There are many more to add to the list! I hope more people put pics. of the pooches on here.

I had to have Norm help me post my picture of Capo!!!

I have to learn[probably not hard, I just need patience] how to use the "Photobucket" so I can post more pics.! :sigh:

Capolini

Banned
Ok!! Thank You "Northernstar" [David] for simplifying Photobucket!! Last pic. for tonight! I have over 3500 pics. on my computer to download on Photobucket!! lol!

Capo's Father-"MAX"-Named after one of the Siberians in "8 Below"

Capo-Spring2011004_zps1a6aceb0.jpg

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I said goodbye to the one in my avatar this past August - a German Shepard/Boxer mix. She was one month shy of 11 years and a big part of the family.

My current "puppy" and companion is a 10 month old Beagle rescue, he's also a big part of the family. :)

2013-09-11194935_zpscb053892.jpg

2013-10-05170816-2_zpscc04b31d.jpg

2013-09-20163313_zpsfac0e90e.jpg

2013-12-05135032_zps759f59fa.jpg

Capolini

Banned
I said goodbye to the one in my avatar this past August - a German Shepard/Boxer mix. She was one month shy of 11 years and a big part of the family.

My current "puppy" and companion is a 10 month old Beagle rescue, he's also a big part of the family. :)

2013-09-11194935_zpscb053892.jpg

2013-10-05170816-2_zpscc04b31d.jpg

2013-09-20163313_zpsfac0e90e.jpg

2013-12-05135032_zps759f59fa.jpg

Sorry for your loss and happy for your new smiling "pooch"!!

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
Great pictures! One reason I made sure I always had a decent light handy for many years was my black and tan dachshund. Short and dark dogs are easy to lose at night. A bright orange collar and leash on walks did help. So did a wide beam 500 lumen light (most recent acquisition). I managed to keep her weight just right, and she was very active. Just over a week ago she took her last trip to the vet. I had to say good-bye to my companion for over 16 years. This thread has been uplifting and I think there will be another dog in my future. Thanks everyone!