Moved: SureFire® lights bored for 18650 cells

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy new year Barry :) Any chance you'll have some bored C2 lights in the future?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Re: SureFire® lights bored for 18650 cells - ready for immediate delivery

... Any chance you'll have some bored C2 lights in the future?

Happy New Year to you Matt. Since your time right now is 0315 on 01JAN2014 you may be feeling the effects of ... no sleep :devil:

I get quite a few requests for bored C2's. Got one just the other day & suggested he contact Dan at Overready dot com as there are currently four in stock (HA fire red) & two in stock (HA ice blue). C2's are getting harder & harder to find & it seems like many sellers want an arm & a leg. Guessing that the 6P will also be hard to find once the supply of new ones dries up.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Barry :) I've seen the OR bored hosts but am not a fan of the colour :( I'll keep an eye out on the marketplace and see if someone wants yo let one go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

precisionworks

Flashaholic
SureFire® lights bored for 18650 cells - ready for immediate delivery

I bought C2's about a year ago, bored them & listed them on a few forums ... Did the same with half a dozen Fury's. Broke even on the C2's, sold the Fury's at a loss. The market for modded lights is unpredictable.

Just saw a black C2 in The Marketplace. Seems like $90 or $95 delivered. You probably know that black is not a hard ano finish.

Barry Milton
Precision-Gunsmithing.com
iPhone5 voice recognition

Last edited:

NHNomad

Newly Enlightened

Hello Barry,

I'd like to purchase one of the bored 6P lights. I'll be using a credit card for the payment. Can I make this transaction on your web site?

Thanks

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I do accept Visa/MC/Discover/Amex but the website isn't set up to directly input the card info. If you would please phone me at 618.927.6372 I'll take the info & run the transaction through.

I appreciate your business & apologize for the delay answering your question. I had an incorrect setting for notification & that is now fixed.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

good stuff here. barry's bore work is top-notch

riccardo

Enlightened

Hello,
just for information, I'm not ready to order since I'll leave home for a couple of months, but I'd like to know if you can ship the lights oversea without the CR123 batteries and the original blister packaging (just to avoid misunderstanding with carrier about the presence of batteries).

I do not seek any discount for the absence of batteries and packaging.

riccardo

Enlightened

These lights are ITAR controlled. They cannot be shipped or carried outside the USA without express written permission from the U S Department of State.

:) :) :)

Sounds like a joke!!
Seriously, there's nothing in a "stupid" 6P that justifies that. I thought that the limitation was just for the batteries, nowadays carriers are getting stricter about these things...

Thanks anyway for the reply but I guess I'll have to wait next batch of SF hosts from my usual provider..

precisionworks

Flashaholic

... I thought that the limitation was just for the batteries ... I guess I'll have to wait for next batch of SF hosts from my usual provider.

Lithium batteries cannot be shipped by air & can only travel by ground carrier.

Blame Osama bin Laden for enforcement of this legislation - ITAR has been law since 1976 but until 911 little attention was paid to what was being exported. Now there's an entire book of items that cannot leave the USA without permission. Look at web listings from Surefire distributors & you'll see that all contain the ITAR disclaimer - as required by Surefire. Individuals & companies that don't comply are subject to huge fines & prison time.

Barry Milton
Precision-Gunsmithing.com
iPhone5 voice recognition

Last edited:

riccardo

Enlightened

Barry, I believe you and I understand..!
Just it seems unreal to me that a simple device like a 6P falls within the restrictions.

I know, after 911 everything changed, I used to travel a lot, before and after 911. Let me say that after 911 moving between airports have not been a pleasure anymore..

NHNomad

Newly Enlightened

Hi Barry,

Yesterday, I received the bored 6P. Thanks for the prompt shipment. And, as I had expected, your machining of the ID is superb. For the moment, I have coupled the body to an Oveready direct drive M2-XML2 head that I had purchased a few weeks ago. This combo looks fine. I am using an AW 3400 mAh 18650, which fits nicely into the body.

Thanks again.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Thank you for your kind words NHNomad. First I've heard about the Oveready M2-XML2-DD & a web search turned up this image:

Image-9853934-206575525-2-Web_0_7d7276a530a647ac72b8a15107288496_1

Dan said this:

Almost as soon as there was Oveready, there was the M2-50. An SST-50, installed deep inside an M2 bezel, with a reflector wider and taller than the P60 format allows, reaching all the way up to the lens. The result was a remarkable amount of output and throw, in a package not much larger than a standard light, a kind of mini turbo head. The reason for creating the original ZeroRez, its also the only direct drive LED we've offered ... Today, we introduce the M2-XML2-DD, in all black HA, C2 and 6P formats ...

It surprises me that I've not seen this before. That looks like an awesome combination.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Interesting news from the SF site ... Only the really tactical (versus tacti-cool) military stuff is ITAR restricted. The M1 infrared illuminator is ITARS but none of the everyday lights like the 6P or Fury. Great news.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

SOLD *** SOLD *** SOLD

SF 6PX Pro - this is the 200/15 lumen earlier model, not the latest 320/15 lumen model. There are five specks of missing ano on the head (one is circled in gray below) & I'd rate the condition at 95% of new. Bored for all 18650 cells including the largest 3400 mAh versions. $75 delivered CONUS, $95 delivered INTL.

SOLD *** SOLD *** SOLD

Also have this for sale - Brand new parts taken off a Surefire M600 Ultra Scout Light. Included are:

• 500 lumen KE2-A head
  • Pic rail mount
  • UE07 remote tape switch assembly
  • Z68 shrouded tailcap push button switch
  • PLEASE NOTE: In order to use these parts you'll need either a Scout Light body (M600/M620/M620V) or a 2-cell E-Series body like an E2, E2E, E2D, etc.

Here's what SF says about the KE2-A head:
The KE2-A is a direct screw-on replacement head for the current 500-lumen SureFire M600 and M620 Scout Lights®​ WeaponLights, and will convert an M620V Scout Light to high-output white-light only, and will also upgrade any earlier two-battery Scout Light to a 500-lumen LED output.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

SOLD *** SOLD *** SOLD

A brand new U2 Ultra sells on Amazon (& other websites) for $209 but you can purchase this U2 Ultra bored for 18650 for the same price. Comes with factory carton, instructions, etc. There is one tiny mark on the head (see red circle below) & it's almost invisible unless there's a raking light source - that's how this image was made.

Image-9853934-225635498-2-Web_0_95200ac90b32888b9527e69e2e1d56aa_1

Image-9853934-225635496-2-Web_0_fe913e9f99e7b3ca1eb4d02ed28ec449_1

$209 delivered CONUS. $229 delivered INTL.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Post #1 just updated showing nine (9) Surefire 6P's for sale. No trades please but make an offer if you want multiple lights - these really need to find a good home :)

Quite a few will fit into an International Flat Rate Box, perhaps 4 or 5, so this may be attractive for members living outside the USA.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

oooh la la. a 6P at that price that's already got PW's work done to it? that can't be beat for the money