• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Driver for 500mA

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

I'm looking for a 500mA driver, that is intended to be used with a Nichia NCSU033B UV LED. My particular LED hast the M range (3.6-4.0v Vf). I want to build this parts into a P60 dropin shell. The power supply is one 18650 cell.

The BB Nextgen 500 and the GD Buck/Boost Converter looks both very interesting. I assume only the GD Buck/Boost Converter is a buck / boost converter. Since the Vf of the Nichia is in the volate range a buck - boost driver would be the best.

Is the GD Buck/Boost Converter usable @500mA? What diameter in mm does this drivers have?

Best regards

Thomas

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the GD Buck/Boost Converter usable @500mA? What diameter in mm does this drivers have?

Best regards

Thomas

The GD can be configured at 500mA, and will work great with the Nichia NCSU033B UV LED. The converter board is 0.55", or 14mm in diameter. You can use a contact board in the P60 drop-in, and place the GD inside the shell. The NCSU033B is the best UV LED that I have ever used.

Here are some of the light engines that I built using the Nichia NCSU033B UV LED. They all used either a GD or GDuP converter.

SAM_0005_zps2f87b314.jpg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks :) But in the documentation of the website there are two values r1 and r2. Since I do not know what driver IC is used I can not check out the semicuonductor data sheet.

Last edited:

Ms_SS

Enlightened
WOL,
Dtailed is correct. R1 and R2 are place holders. To make 500mA, R1 has 0.10 and R2 is blank