WHAT IS THE BEST BURNING LASER TO PURCHASE

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
Also being able to burn from the furthest distance the further the better.

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Were talking Hipower lasers here, likely IR lasers to as colourd lasers (Green for exsample) can get very pricy in this power range.

I suggest if your asking this is becuse you you have seen some cool videos on youtube of people burning things with lasers, Now I HATE to be a kill joy but with this type of laser you need to know all the safty advice and follow it unless you wan to go blind, so I suggest you sosome readin on laser safty first.

(These lasers are invisble and even a reflection (wich you wont be able to see) will blind you if you look at it / t gets you in the eye and you wont even know it is shinging in your eye becuse it is invible....but even if you could see it it is so powerfull it will damage your eyes before you can blink bascily...scary huh? If you dont care for your eye sight go out and get one but if you do read up on safty first. (Such as laser glassses designed to block the lasers from blinding you)

Now I not saying dont get one they are epicly cool and a great thing to own, and in reality they ARE NOT any more dangours than a gun or a knife, its just knowing how to safly handel them I guess, I hope once you have done some reading you do get one and enjoy it!
I know if I could afford one Id have one to!

A good place to start would be LPF, LaserPointFourms, they willl be able to give you much better advice on what one to buy....I would recomend looking at a lot of MFGs though a lot of noobs go for WickedLasers (They have good avdertising), and while they may be good lasers there also overpriced, and there are a lot better options out there to.

Its not whats best its just getting the right powerd one, its kind of like asking us what is the best Hipower flashlight....so yhea.

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the knowledge about safety i guess they are not a joke and i did not think they were but still very dangerous…
The only one so far that i saw that was for sale was Jd lasers but he wants like 599 for a 3 w one in a mag lite housing..
is there something comparable with a better price ????

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was recommended here from LPF . I'm much more active the and have MANY more lasers than lights.

I can build you a mag lite laser 3w for half that price. I've built and sold many lasers and am a trusted member over there. My username is the same if you want to check out what I've been selling.

A 445nm (blue) laser is your best bet for power to price ratio if burning is your fancy. Let me know, I can build any host or power range you'd like, as well as direct you to a bunch of builders. :)

If you look in the " rare mag lite" thread here at CPF, there is a pic of my personal mag laser 3w

Last edited:

Remington597

Newly Enlightened
^^^What he said 445nm, but you still can't be far away from what you want to burn. Most of the youtube vids you see show lasers burning from inches away not several feet.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can burn from over 10ft :D
Can light a cigarette or paper bag from 15ft.

Inches away would be without focus. My 3w plus lasers can light thing fast at around 5ft. Smoke instantly

And under 1w would of course require close range.

Not many youtube videos are of custom lasers though, so under 2w.
Most of the guys building lasers are very bored of burning lol. It's still fun, but I'm more concerned with NOT burning things during testing :p

Btw I have a 2.7w laser for sale in a custom black host for $200. This will burn anything you put in front of it. If focused, 5-10ft burn no problem.

Last edited:

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
I was recommended here from LPF . I'm much more active the and have MANY more lasers than lights.

I can build you a mag lite laser 3w for half that price. I've built and sold many lasers and am a trusted member over there. My username is the same if you want to check out what I've been selling.

A 445nm (blue) laser is your best bet for power to price ratio if burning is your fancy. Let me know, I can build any host or power range you'd like, as well as direct you to a bunch of builders. :)

If you look in the " rare mag lite" thread here at CPF, there is a pic of my personal mag laser 3w

Do you think it would cost $700 to build that mag laser again or do you think its cheaper now?
I just bought a 3.6 W laser for $249 with batteries n safety glasses i believe it really is 3.6W but it might not be IDK
It is a blue laser mostpowerfullasers.com RickTrent you can see his videos on you tube just search rick trent

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know rick trent personally. His lasers are what they say they are. He just drives then very hard without heatsink the driver. So becarefule how long you run it.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if anyone wants a maglite laser I can build them for waaaayy less than $700.

About $300 for a 3w.

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
I know rick trent personally. His lasers are what they say they are. He just drives then very hard without heatsink the driver. So becarefule how long you run it.

yes he said no more than one minute but can something be added to his to let it run for a longer period of time ?
I bought his most popular one looks like a mag C cell size?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a mx900 host. If you go into it and heatsink the driver it can run longer. If you've never built a laser I don't recommend it. Just a static shock can kill a diode. They are extremely sensitive.

y4aju3ug.jpg

This laser has heatsink everywhere and can be run much longer

a9uduzy6.jpg

These are my blue 445nm and from left to right duty cycle from 1min to 10min. All these will burn from over 5ft easily

Last edited:

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
And if anyone wants a maglite laser I can build them for waaaayy less than $700.

About $300 for a 3w.

OK so your 3W mag light laser what kinda of run times do you get on that and if more than a minuet whats the difference of yours n ricks?
also if you could send a pick of your mag lite laser or link to see it and is it focusable?

TurboLou

Newly Enlightened
It's a mx900 host. If you go into it and heatsink the driver it can run longer. If you've never built a laser I don't recommend it. Just a static shock can kill a diode. They are extremely sensitive.

y4aju3ug.jpg

This laser has heatsink everywhere and can be run much longer

a9uduzy6.jpg

These are my blue 445nm and from left to right duty cycle from 1min to 10min. All these will burn from over 5ft easily

ok so if you sold these what would be the price of each from left to right ????

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 3w mag can be run for up to 5min. The pictures are above. That's my personal mag with extended heatsink. One I'd build would be flush to the bezel. The difference is that I extensively heatsink my drivers which rick does not. They are just as important to heatsink as the diode but rick claims they run cool at 2.5a. I'm a good friend of rick's, but that's just not the case. At 2a plus the driver NEED to be heatsink for increased life of the unit, as well as better runtime

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my builds are focus able. When you're dealing with thousands of milliwatt you need to be able to focus.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can also build matching sets if anyone is interested

eqe3e4et.jpg

etuhahur.jpg

But if you really want to burn blue is your laser. Or violet, but it's much less powerful.