• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Copperhead Deep Carry Clip

Hi All,

I am evolving the Copperhead into a light that will actually pry the Quarks out of my pocket. One of the things that I demand is a deep-carry clip. I have been working on this design for a while and carrying this rough prototype around, and I am ready to bring it to production. The prototype is brass - the production model will be made out of 1mm stainless.

It is essentially a hybrid between the Solarforce clip and the Quark deep carry clip. The problem with the Solarforce is that it is not deep carry. The problem with the Quark (besides not fitting the copperhead) is that it is pretty narrow. This one is big and butch. You can even clip it to a 2" utility belt.

I will be getting them waterjet cut, and then brake bent. The likely price will run about $15. I'd like your thoughts about potential improvements, etc. before I send the final design!

Cheers, Dan

P1050340sm.jpg

P1050343sm.jpg

P1050346sm.jpg

P1050347sm.jpg

P1050355sm.jpg

P1050359sm.jpg

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mate, that's awesome....I think I need a copperhead now. Almost exactly the same as the one in your hand (last pic). Need to save some cash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look really cool. I would be in for 2 for sure.
As for any feedback is it possible to make the loop slightly smaller (inside diameter of the bend), similar to an E1B clip.

gratmars

Newly Enlightened
I think it looks awesome, but two things could make it better. Make it touch the light on the back side and shrink the gap slightly so it does not stick out as far which should help prevent it from snagging on things.

Icehole

Enlightened
I agree with the above comments, and if you put a bit of shrink wrap on the (tighter) bend, and on the bottom of the clip to prevent scratching of the body.
As similar to the double clip for the Surefire "E" series as possible, except for the "P" series!
i personally would like the top bend to be very tight.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Split the difference between what you have and the 4 sevens clip (gap at the bend) and you have a winner. I'll be in for a few of them.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Outstanding! I agree with closing the gap a bit, too. Put me down for at least 2 of them!

Ashift

Newly Enlightened
I agree with making the bend tighter. I would be in for a couple.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I was looking for! I can definitely tighten up the spacing - it seems to be the most common comment. I don't think I want it to touch the light at the tailcap though - it would scratch as you are replacing the battery!

It sounds like the basic idea is a winner, and just the bending is in question.

Once the design is in CAD, I can have them cut in any material. Brass will not hold tension very well, but if you want to pay for it, then we can run a few off!

I'll make a new one with tighter bends and post pics for more feedback.

Cheers!

Icehole

Enlightened
This is the double clip, people put a piece of shrink wrap on the bend radius to keep it from scratching the body / tail cap.
Something similar for the 6P, attaching to the tail cap end, would rock!

e1l-bk_e1b-kx2.jpg

I did not have time to hit the shop today, but I did some quick photoshop mockups. I lettered everything to keep things straight. "b" is the original prototype for reference. "c" is the same thing but tightened up and with more of a radius on the bend. "d" is what I think people are asking for, and "a" is a reverse of this, which I think is silly. I do like to keep the bump on the end of the clip because it increases the security. It probably wears the pocket a bit more though. The Quark clip does not have the bump, but my Leatherman and Kershaw clips do, and so does the Solarforce.

CH_clips.jpg

Icehole

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide the pros & cons between C & D...

i'm voting for C.
if I decide I need D, it should be pretty easy to bend to make D.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Looks to me that "D" might be a bit more secure in the pocket, retention wise anyhoo.

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
Looks great! In for one at least.

Unlike many others, I actually think the fat bend is a better approach, as it will fit over my .25" thick, 1.5" work belt. If it came down to only one design though, I'd make do with clipping it to my pocket.