New Surefire e1d led defender?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think a single cell defender light would work very well. Doesn't seem like there would be enough real estate to get a good grip on the light.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
It's still up on the site for me... Hopefully this thing is ready to launch and was not just accidentally updated to the site.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's still up on the site for me... Hopefully this thing is ready to launch and was not just accidentally updated to the site.

It's both. The E1D is slated for release but they didn't intend to put it out on the website just yet. They pulled the listing at first but as you pointed out, it's back up again.

Hopefully we will be able to get our hands on these pretty soon.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well look at that. A baby 300 lumen Led Defender. :) I'm looking forward to the runtime tests. Hard to believe they are suppose to be the same as the 200 lumen EB1. I actually like the idea of this since I've been moving from multi-cell CR123 lights.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
:huh: really looking forward to this. always wanted a EB1, but didnt like its smooth design, and redesigned tailcap.
nice that surefire is producing more black hard anodized E1 bodies... the prices on the E1E-BLK has gotten ridiculous.

Lumenski

Newly Enlightened
Umm, $240 for a 300 lumen flashlight?

I dont get it. Is it the only flashlight licensed to shine the Batman signal into the sky?

I bought a cheap $8.60 XM-L T6 machined aluminum light off ebay.
I burned it in with a salvaged laptop 18650. Turned it on high till it died. Still works.

Put it in the toilet. Didnt leak.

I dropped it on my driveway. Still works.

I ran over it with my 1986 S10. No problem.

So I tossed it against the garage wall. Still going.

I'm not going to see what it takes to break it, because after all that, I figure I have a keeper. So I bought another one. They sent me a U3 because they were out of the T6. Even brighter.

All of this for $8.60 Because someone designed it in USA, sold for $200 to early adopters, was proven to be a good design on the street, then copied and made in China and sold cheap on Ebay.

Thanks guys, for adopting early, and making a great (copy of a) flashlight available for those of us who are out of work and all but flat broke because all the good manufacturing jobs went overseas.

sandalian

Enlightened
Umm, $240 for a 300 lumen flashlight?

I dont get it. Is it the only flashlight licensed to shine the Batman signal into the sky?

If you're just looking for a lumen output, then Surefire is not for you.
I agree that Surefire is overpriced flashlight in some case, but they do have decent built quality.

I think we can't debate about pricing. Are you going to ask why Rolex watches are so pricey?

Craig K

Enlightened
Looks pretty good, my wife is gunna say not another flashlight when I buy it lol.

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
This light looks awesome! I can only hope a "toothless" version comes out, but if not swapping the tailcap should make it a little more pocket friendly. The head would work well on a AA Outdoorsman body if someone wanted a longer handle for SD.

All of this for $8.60 Because someone designed it in USA, sold for $200 to early adopters, was proven to be a good design on the street, then copied and made in China and sold cheap on Ebay.

Thanks guys, for adopting early, and making a great (copy of a) flashlight available for those of us who are out of work and all but flat broke because all the good manufacturing jobs went overseas.

I'm not one to get into politics, but please re-read your statement and then tell us again why we should support the cheap Chinese labor that put you out of work?

razzman1

Newly Enlightened
I might be mistaken, as I looked a ton of stuff while I was there, but I think I saw this at the Surefire booth at SHOT. It's pretty tiny. I think I would prefer something a little larger to grab onto, but it is certainly nice and compact.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's 4.25 inches or 10.8 cm which is the average length of a 1xAA light: : for a 1xC123 light is pretty tall. The same goes for the EB1 with 4.4 inches or 11.2 cm!
If you have big hands, you won't have much of the light protuding out of the palm though.

hjkl

Newly Enlightened
Had to double check that this wasn't something left over from April Fools' day, very cool.