Anybody know Mac's status?

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
I ordered and paid for a tri EDC on Jan 4th of this year. Have never received any kind of response from Mac saying order received or anything. My promise of a six week delivery has not happened, I have sent several email's without reply. Just wondering if anyone out there is as nervous as I am. I know this is the last time I will pay for anything up front.:crazy::sick2:

KeeblerElf

Enlightened
I believe his website is down, so that he can catch up on orders.

I don't have any personal experience with Mac, but from what I've heard, he doesn't communicate well but always eventually delivers.

LupinIII

Enlightened
Has anyone spoken to Mac recently or heard updates on when he might start taking new orders again?

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
I have sent countless emails, as per Mac's instructions on the shutdown website concerning my order. It has been sixteen weeks tomorrow with no response of any kind. Now it is to late to file a claim with PayPal, so I am stuck with no money, no answers, and no light. I can guarantee this will be the last time I ever pay for something up front, that is not already built and ready to ship. I blame Mac for the poor customer service, and I blame myself for being dumb enough to pay in advance.

Mac has been a member of this community for ten years, and he's seen many projects through. I believe that he's simply overwhelmed with orders, and stopped taking new orders so that he can keep up, rather than keep taking orders and falling farther behind. I know what it's like being self-employed. When you're dealing with customer service, sales, finance, and production, it can all be too much sometimes. I've had to just shut out the world for a while, and work hard to catch up. It doesn't mean your money is lost. Just try to distract yourself from it, emailing probably isn't going to help. All the time he spends sifting through emails could be spent finishing your lights.

nbp

Flashaholic
Why do people keep saying that?!

"He can't communicate with customers because he's too busy building lights." Baloney. If that were true people wouldn't be waiting months for their lights!

The fact that he cannot even let people know their order was received and is in the queue is ridiculous. I have recently become self employed and am running my own business and for me communicating with customers is everything. You absolutely cannot ignore them and expect them to be okay with it.

vinte77

Enlightened
I put in an order with Mac and I got nervous when he wouldn't respond to my messages so I filed a dispute with paypal and Mac refunded my money. However, I never received any communications from him whatsoever. It seems like that's how he operates, which some on this forum tolerate while others do not.

Why do people keep saying that?!

"He can't communicate with customers because he's too busy building lights." Baloney. If that were true people wouldn't be waiting months for their lights!

The fact that he cannot even let people know their order was received and is in the queue is ridiculous. I have recently become self employed and am running my own business and for me communicating with customers is everything. You absolutely cannot ignore them and expect them to be okay with it.

I agree, he should at the very least acknowledge that he's received your order. I don't know him personally, so I don't know exactly what's going on, just trying to help out. I really hope he's making progress on your lights, and has plans to resume orders and possibly streamline his operation. Maybe he needs to hire some part-time help.

spydiesteve

Newly Enlightened
Mac has been a member of this community for ten years, and he's seen many projects through. I believe that he's simply overwhelmed with orders, and stopped taking new orders so that he can keep up, rather than keep taking orders and falling farther behind. I know what it's like being self-employed. When you're dealing with customer service, sales, finance, and production, it can all be too much sometimes. I've had to just shut out the world for a while, and work hard to catch up. It doesn't mean your money is lost. Just try to distract yourself from it, emailing probably isn't going to help. All the time he spends sifting through emails could be spent finishing your lights.
He plainly states on his "shutdown" website if you have any questions to email him using the PayPal address. Why put that out there if your not going to respond. Sounds to me the only time he responds is when PayPal gets involved. By the way I'm pretty sure it is his wife handling the emails not him. How long would it take just to post some sort of time line on his own sub-forum here? I know you have to make hay while the sun is shining, but sooner or later he is going to wish he took better care of the field.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm, I have a question - why does MAC Customs still get its own forum here on awesome CPF when there is no longer a MAC Customs for flashlights and hasn't been for almost a year. Anyone realize he hasn't posted on CPF since June of 2013?

Not to mention he dumped flashlights and ran to start fabricating vaping devices as he obviously saw dollar signs for this fast growing market.

Anyone who would dump their prior loyal customers and take their money with no idea if they would ever see what they purchased - only to chase a faster dollar should not be graced with having their own forum here.

Where's MAC?? Oh, he's fine and dandy and busy producing cool stuff... just not for the flashlight community anymore...

Ummm, I have a question - why does MAC Customs still get its own forum here on awesome CPF when there is no longer a MAC Customs for flashlights and hasn't been for almost a year. Anyone realize he hasn't posted on CPF since June of 2013?

Not to mention he dumped flashlights and ran to start fabricating vaping devices as he obviously saw dollar signs for this fast growing market.

Anyone who would dump their prior loyal customers and take their money with no idea if they would ever see what they purchased - only to chase a faster dollar should not be graced with having their own forum here.

Where's MAC?? Oh, he's fine and dandy and busy producing cool stuff... just not for the flashlight community anymore...

That's a good point, I hadn't looked at his posting history. I guess the forum is here because he's still got customers with outstanding orders. Lummi still has a forum, so this one probably isn't going away.

vinte77

Enlightened
I agree on that, if Mac doesn't contribute to the community anymore, why should Mac still have his own forum?? I think the fact that Mac still having his own forum on CPF misguides people into believing that Mac is a reliable seller, when Mac is not.

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
I got an email in late February asking to confirm my shipping address... I ordered mine 3/3/13, but told MAC to hold it for me. I am sure you will get your light. It seems that as recently as late February he is communicating with people with open orders. JMHO. Good luck.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac lives in my town and has always been a goodfella from my dealings(years ago). If i see him tomorrow at his store I'll ask about cpf.

IsaacL

Enlightened
My experience with Mac has been the polar opposite of many posts in this forum. In fact, I emailed him a couple of times this week and he replied within minutes.

LupinIII

Enlightened
Mac lives in my town and has always been a goodfella from my dealings(years ago). If i see him tomorrow at his store I'll ask about cpf.

Nice please keep us posted.

My experience with Mac has been the polar opposite of many posts in this forum. In fact, I emailed him a couple of times this week and he replied within minutes.

If you can reach him consistently, a status update would be great. I emailed him a couple times per the instructions on his website and never heard back. Trying to pick up a couple Mac lights for my brother and his groomsmen so timing is key.

Latest posts