Need some help...

Jarodammerman

Newly Enlightened
I have thoroughly searched for this info, but I can't find what I need. Since Mac seems to have taken a vow of silence, my last resort is to ask here.

I have damaged the rubber o-ring in the bezel of my edc SST-50 ti (the one that is held in place by the reflector and lens). At the time, I thought it was a standard o-ring, so I tossed the damaged one. Now I wish I would have kept it for 'some' protection from moisture. So after trying to replace it with several standard o-rings and failing, I started searching and found that it is a flat rubber gasket somewhere around 21 to 22 mm o.d. I have not been able to find such thing, but then again, I'm still not sure exactly what I need. Does anyone know where to find a replacement or have a spare? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. I can certainly make it worth your time. Thank you.

IsaacL

Enlightened
I just sent Mac an email and will let you guys know when I hear back.

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Ok, the word is...

The flat gasket is a watch Crystal Gasket #107 21.25mm OD 20mm ID .65mm width.

The o-ring is AS568 #017

Lens dimensions are 21.0mm x 2.0mm

And...I'm sure you guys all know how to Google but just in case, here is what you're looking for :)

TTFN while I go order two or three of them...

Last edited:

Jarodammerman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Isaac! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Googling them now....

*just ordered a couple. Thanks again, Isaac

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thanks Isaac! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Googling them now....

No problem. I wanted to get some replacements myself, plus problem solving is kinda my thing ;)

I've done some more research and I believe, based on the specificity of Mac's reply, that they are the exact ones from link I posted. Feel free to verify my findings.

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
I just placed an order for a three pack of gaskets and a sapphire watch crystal 21.0 x 1.5mm

It's nearly impossible to find a 2mm thick sapphire crystal online so I'm hoping the 1.5mm is thick enough

I'll let you guys know if/how it fits

Previous threads on replacement lenses here and here

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Just finished installing the new sapphire lens in my Tri-EDC. And it looks...exactly the same! But it is now much more awesome ;)

The outside diameter matches the diameter of the original lens perfectly. The only size difference between the two is that the sapphire lens is .5mm thinner. This means the LED's no longer line up perfectly with the crenelations and the pocket chip. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Gaskets are an exact match as well. I'd say the original gaskets come from the same place, by the looks of them.

Hope this thread helps anyone who's looking for replacement parts for their light.

Last edited:

Jarodammerman

Newly Enlightened
Just finished installing the new sapphire lens in my Tri-EDC. And it looks...exactly the same! But it is now much more awesome

The outside diameter matches the diameter of the original lens perfectly. The only size difference between the two is that the sapphire lens is .5mm thinner. This means the LED's no longer line up perfectly with the crenelations and the pocket chip. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Gaskets are an exact match as well. I'd say the original gaskets come from the same place, by the looks of them.

Hope this thread helps anyone who's looking for replacement parts for their light.

I received the gaskets from your link above. Installed on my SST-50 yesterday evening, and they are a perfect fit. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the same supplier that Mac uses. I didn't realize the order included 3 pieces, so since I had more than I was expecting, I added one between the lens and reflector. A gasket on each side of the lens worked out well ( I may end up leaving it this way if there aren't any drawbacks). Not sure if this will work on the Tri-edc but if it does, it may give you enough added thickness to make the emitters line up with the crenelations and pocket clip. Thanks again CPF and Isaac! I appreciate you taking the time to look all that up and posting the info.

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Anyone find a non saphire glass lens for tri edc? Busted mine yesterday. :/(
just took it out and screwed it back in with no lens for now

IsaacL

Enlightened
It's a bit funny that you posted the question here as well. I was going to direct you to this thread, specifically posts #6 and #9. Although, to be fair, you do have to read between the lines.

Anywho, here is what you're looking for. A bunch of us are almost certain that Esslinger is Mac's source for the gaskets and lenses.

Anyone find a non saphire glass lens for tri edc? Busted mine yesterday. :/(
just took it out and screwed it back in with no lens for now

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
It's a bit funny that you posted the question here as well. I was going to direct you to this thread, specifically posts #6 and #9. Although, to be fair, you do have to read between the lines.

Anywho, here is what you're looking for. A bunch of us are almost certain that Esslinger is Mac's source for the gaskets and lenses.

ur the bomb!
just ordered... ( and oh heck couldnt resist a saphire lens too...lol)

IsaacL

Enlightened
Happy to facilitate a fellow Mac fan! ;)

Purely out of scientific curiosity...what kind of force does it take to break a lens?

ur the bomb!
just ordered... ( and oh heck couldnt resist a saphire lens too...lol)

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
I didnt even know how or when i broke it. I carry it 12+ hours a day everday. I do remember dropping it on concrete couple days ago pretty hard bezel down. I looked for dings dents quick but didnt notice a broken lens. Figuring it was probably then. I found it last night when i knocked it over on my nightstand... It gets some miles! With the programmable light upgrade its just perfect for my edc and i rarely rotate out. 2nd most edc'd is my mac xml..

IsaacL

Enlightened
No way! I keep mine with me 24/7 also. I've tried so many other lights but they never get carried. I heard SOYCD is doing another run of light engines soon. Hopefully I can snag one.

I didnt even know how or when i broke it. I carry it 12+ hours a day everday. I do remember dropping it on concrete couple days ago pretty hard bezel down. I looked for dings dents quick but didnt notice a broken lens. Figuring it was probably then. I found it last night when i knocked it over on my nightstand... It gets some miles! With the programmable light upgrade its just perfect for my edc and i rarely rotate out. 2nd most edc'd is my mac xml..