Most used lights

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, been eons since I have logged on, longer still since i got a new light. I have a new calling, its called fatherhood, hahahaha, but I am back (can't stay away from the light) and saying a warm hello and also wondering how in the world flashoholics out there can balance getting flashlights without getting a scolding from She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed.

Anyway, I was just digging around the collection and I found the lights i used the most (in no particular preference) were:-

Quark Mini (EDC)
Fenix E01 (still on the 1st AAA which was like bought in 2007)
Zebralight H501 ( i think)
Nitecore SR3
Lummi Raw NS
Fenix TK20 (tough as heck! and with the red filter it's great for checking on the little rugrat)

So I am wondering, what sort of lights have stayed with you?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use or carry the following most of the time. Vinhnguyen warm nichia 5mm modded Fenix E01 and 120 HCRI HDS.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sd6vn headlamp has lived on my hip since arrival.
V11Rvn & c20cvn are my work edc
Tcr10vn & Tcr2vn are my dress edc

Tk75vnkt & mx25l3vn & mm15vn are my heavy hitters most used.

All accompanied by my 3w 445nm cypress custom laser and my sebenza / 0560/ izula2 /Leatherman supertool 300.

Man I carry tons of crap!

kj2

Flashaholic
Most used; Fenix PD35, TK75 and Olight S10-L2.
Do change a lot with my lights. Use some for days, and then they rest for a week on my desk.
Am always changing my EDC-light. And the light(s) I take with me in the evening, depends on where I go to, how long I'll stay there and what my mood is.
Today's mood; it gotta be bright :D

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two I use the most are both Streamlights: A second gen Microstream and a ProTacEMS. I EDC both of them, so it is basically which one I grab when I get dressed. Lately I have also started using my Eveready LED Area Lantern that I just got a week or so ago. So far I've used it about three hours on low, using the alkalines that came with the light, so we will see how close the real world comes to the estimated five hour run time for for AAs.

ven

Flashaholic
Generally used as always on keys is the DQG spy,usually have a d25cvn in coat or t10t,work lights most used are lenser t7.2 /thrunite t10s/klarus p1a.Camping etc wise mm15vn,tk75vn/tk61vn/tk51 and tn35vn but will take different ones with me each time.....or all:twothumbs

Rest of my lights get odd rotation ,have too many :whistle:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, haven't even got the space to carry the Jetbeam M1X though its a cool light especially when you have it in a warm white.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome back, and congratz!

i only still use a handful of lights myself.
a few surefire L1s and an E1L for my edc rotation. all modded because im a warm tint snob...
if i know that i'll be needing more lumens, i grab my E2DL, also neutral tinted.
and i still use my zebralight H501w for bedtime reading, occasional soldering work, and other light duty activities.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
4ymege2a.jpg

Hc90vn carried a little different.
Super useful, not rocking the headgear ;) (unless in the proper setting)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jr loves his lights.
He's got a convoy m1, and c8.
He walks around the house looking under the furniture :)

troutbum1971

Newly Enlightened
Gotta get my 4 year old his own with rechargeable bats. He loves using mine but I can never find them after he touches them. 2 he will never touch are my peak eiger and surefire g2x. The mini mags he can play with. We use them for looking for lost Legos.

YBCold

Newly Enlightened
as much as i hate the run time and brightness the flashlight i have used the most is my Mag lite XL 50 its the old 104 lumen version. the XL 50 was my daily carry for 2012 and well into this year. has been dropped many times and been on many bike rides and repairs with me and has eatin $h*t with me on several occasions. my second runner up is my 2AAA LED mini mag since it is my daily pocket carry.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF LX2 and E1e with Tana Singled 219, Quark QTA XPG2. If I could have only 3 these would be it.
When the E1DL arrives in my country maybe I'll get one and put it through its paces.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had a quick look at some retailers, goodness there seem to be so many changes, bwahahahaahaha (evil money spending laughter), right now it seems more practical from living in Singapore (bright, well lit country, we have to hunt for darkness to test the lights), to just carry a EDC and a few spare cells is good enough, thinking of the Atom AL, would the magnet on the light have adverse effects on credit cards and all that?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carry:

4Sevens Quark MiNi AA (XP-G neutral)
4Sevens Quark AA Tactical (XP-E neutral)
Zebralight SC52w L2
HDS 170CT (when CCW)

Headlamps:

Peak Eiger #4 power (clipped to bill of cap)
Zebralight H50
Zebralight H51fw

Outdoors/at home:

Malkoff MD2 (M61N)
Malkoff Hound Dog (5000K XP-G2)
SWM D40avn PDTn

My most used out of these (for years now) is the Peak Eiger. It provides such a useful, floody beam for many tasks and has great runtime on Eneloop. I always have one on me as my EDC backup.

I also want to comment on the D40avn--currently my favorite all-rounder. It is a dedomed throw monster with a beautiful beam, but when combined with an Olight M22 diffuser, it becomes one of the most versatile lights I've owned, converting it to a huge 180 degree wall of light with bright center. The tail of the light is the same diameter as the head, so the diffuser can be stored on the end of the tail when not in use. I also use a 40mm silicone domed diffuser with it for camping.

I don't think anything needs to be said about the Malkoffs... :thumbsup:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC: Quark Mini 123 HCRI
Around the house: Solarforce L2P with NB 219A drop in & Panasonic 18650

I find myself using my Quark Pro QPLC very often as a nightstand light. I leave the head tightened in high mode in case I need a quick blast of light, but typically loosen the head to use moonlight mode as I walk around the house at night, if I go to bed after my wife.

I did have a E2E with Malkoff E2 single mode head as a compliment to my nightstand pistol, but have actually swapped it out for a newly acquired LX2.

If I need a bigger EDC light, I typically switch my Mini123 for either the LX2 or a E1B.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see the LX2 still doing very well, fantastic light. An upgrade to XPG2 would be great.

I really like the LX2 so far. It's nice to know that you can instantly access a throwy 200 lumens when you smash down on the tailcap. I really think I could get by with a LX2, E2DL (200 lum version), and a FourSevens Mini123 as my only three lights.