Surefire Arc-2 HID

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they briefly had an MSRP of $2200 listed on the website at one point. This would typically translate into street pricing around $1500. Haven't heard anything more definite than that.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Anyone here besides me thinking of snagging one of these and where is a good place to buy one from that dont charge full MSRP..? I already have a 4500 Lumen Lupine Betty TL2..

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nightreaper or Arc-2 HID..? Any thoughts on prices for these lights..?

You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
Also it is in serial production NOW.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
Also it is in serial production NOW.
Whom sells these on the retail level? Dealers?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing it will cost an arm, a leg, & a first born.

I'm hoping it will be a 4200K model and not take some proprietary li-ion battery/size that is only available from SF.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing it will cost an arm, a leg, & a first born.

I'm hoping it will be a 4200K model and not take some proprietary li-ion battery/size that is only available from SF.

Some say under $2,000, MSRP is always shown much higher in their website. Still not cheap, but at least can compete with some high-end HID handheld spotlight in the market.

I'm pretty sure it will only take proprietary battery packs, but most likely made out of 18650 cells.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure it will only take proprietary battery packs, but most likely made out of 18650 cells.

The spec doesn't say, but since Surefire is almost exclusively rechargeable and/or CR123, I'm guessing CR123s for the optional pack. After all, the M6 takes six of them, what's a few more?

Edit: Went back and re-read the 2014 catalog and the web page. What it sounds like after re-reading is rechargeagle, DC plug-in, and AC plug-in; no primaries/rechargeable cells. Bummer.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking yesterday, perhaps they are waiting until there new Price Increase before they release these? lol I would strongly consider this one if it is a Dual Fuel design. Like the UNR Commander. I WILL NOT buy any light that has a special battery pack that can't be hacked and leaves me dependent on the manufacture.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
The spec doesn't say, but since Surefire is almost exclusively rechargeable and/or CR123, I'm guessing CR123s for the optional pack. After all, the M6 takes six of them, what's a few more?

Edit: Went back and re-read the 2014 catalog and the web page. What it sounds like after re-reading is rechargeagle, DC plug-in, and AC plug-in; no primaries/rechargeable cells. Bummer.
So whats the bummer with you on this HID Light..? Its a deal breaker because..?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not entirely clear from the description as to what the battery pack will be like. If the battery is built in to the handle; that's the worst case scenario as you would need to replace the entire handle. That amount of surefire machined HAIII aluminium does not come cheap. I would think that the optional pack is just a larger li-ion handle (It says 3 inches longer). My guess is that the standard handle is 8 x 18650 cells (4 wide, 2 long) and the optional handle is 12 x 18650 (4 wide, 3 long).

BVH

Flashaholic
Not sure that I'd consider a 40-Watt, 4500 Lumen handheld light that is pretty much the same form factor as the LeMax 50/70 but significantly less powerful with less run time. Even if it's only $2,500, it can't come near the 7000 Lumen performance of the Lemax.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it all depends on the price. If I see the ARC-2 for less than $1,000, I will not hesitate to order one. But I know that is far from happening.

The Lemax/Xevision 70 on the other hand, has been on my wish list since the first pictures and reviews showed up, but I simply cannot justify spending more than $2,000 for one light.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I believe it all depends on the price. If I see the ARC-2 for less than $1,000, I will not hesitate to order one. But I know that is far from happening.

The Lemax/Xevision 70 on the other hand, has been on my wish list since the first pictures and reviews showed up, but I simply cannot justify spending more than $2,000 for one light.
Hi highly doubt it will be anywhere near $1000.00 USD either.

caseyse

Newly Enlightened
Surefire had both of their ARC lights on their Web site without prices for a while, but I see they have now removed the lights. I wonder if they ran into production issues and will be pushing out their September launch?

Latest posts