Glow in the Dark Paint/Powder

exterminate

Newly Enlightened
A couple friends of mine are interested in trying a crazy idea - glow in the dark tennis.

There are several vendors that sell the paint/powder - and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations.

Also, is there a portable light that would charge the substrate effectively and quickly?

Thank you ! :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ton of the V10. Great & addictive stuff. Get the Green, its is by far the best. I am not sure how you plan to affix it to the ball? For my projects, I usually mix it with 5 min epoxy and it works well. It would be some what flexible. Not sure about how it will stand up to al the impacts. I have also bought the paint version to play with. It dries more brittle. I can't see the paint working well.

Black lights make it rock! It will hold a bright charge for quite a while too. 20 min after black light it still glows fairly strong. Also, it is rather expensive stuff. So not sure what the budget is. I was thinking, if you dusted the ball with powder it some may stick? Of course with each impact glow powder is gonna be all over the place. lol You could very patiently apply the power epoxy mix to just the lines. A while background really makes the glow brighter. That would actually likely work well.

A quick google search turns up a few glow tennis balls. Seems they are targeting the dog market, so not sure how well they will bounce.

Have fun

exterminate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks alot for the info.

Is there a good ultraviolet flashlight that will charge them quickly or will any portable solution generally work ?

THanks