Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

It's been a while since we've seen anything from Cool Fall. Are there any new projects you are working on to get us excited? Maybe a Tri-V3 or some other cool light?

I'd still love to see a single cell light with reflector and flood using your software and clicky switch mechanism.

Sean

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the same boat as Sean, I would love a single cell light from Dave that offers the programmable UI and awesome switch mechanism

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the ideas guys. I listen to and appreciate everything you say. Please, do not ever hesitate to post any ideas that you have.

Yes, there is new stuff coming. I have been working very hard for over a year on lots of things like new variations of the 007. I do not want to be working in a vacuum for much longer. I appreciate everybody's feedback on new ideas and designs. I guess for me personally, it is the idea that I want to have a concept glued together before I present it to you all and then we can work on the rough edges and the details as we have before on previous flashlights. I think I am almost there.

To respond to the ideas in this thread; A lighter weight and or smaller spy is definitely a good idea and something that I have pondered for a long time. There are many ways for a SPY fit this criteria and I am going to continue pursuing these requirements. Additionally, I have been asked about single cell Cool Fall flashlights many times over the years and my response has always been that Cool Fall specializes in SPY flashlights. I don't play in the single cell flashlight space. As you all know, there are some incredible makers in that space already, many of which are very good friends of mine. They are experts of the single cell flashlight and I love their stuff just like you all do.

I'm going to come back very soon and post more information on some of the stuff that's coming. For now I don't think it's any big secret that there is going to be another Tri-V. It will be, like before, a small variation from its predecessor. As soon as I get the prototype finished I will start showing you all what the changes will be.

The standard 007 flashlight is not going away. It is my bread-and-butter and continues to sell very well. However, I have a few small tweaks on that front, to tell you all about very soon.

The tooling for the Droid carabineer is nearly done. I will have those available in the coming months as well.

Lastly, I have been holding out on having my own website. I don't think I can hold out on that much longer. I get a constant barrage of questions from people who simply do not want to wade through this forum. I don't blame them. For the most part the website needs to be able to educate my new customers. If any of you have ideas on how that should look please send me an e-mail as I need to get started soon. A Cool Fall website will in no way supersede my presence here on Greta's CPF. Most of my peers here already have or have had their own websites and I believe generally it does more good than harm. Please don't expect it to be very fancy, at least not in the beginning.

I want to thank you all again for the e-mails I've been getting lately asking for status. I've gotten enough of them to know that this post was long overdue. So the bottom line here is I've been working very hard on flashlight stuff but not communicating very well. Truth be told I have also been working on a building project in my own backyard. It is a new building that I hope will make my working conditions better. It is not the treehouse, that is actually complete and I have been delinquent in posting on that topic as well (please look for some update on that in the treehouse thread). The new building we are calling the cave. Those of you who have been here know that I have a shed, basement and a garage so we named the new building the Cave. I am not promising that my workspace will be any more tidy or organized but it will be bigger. :)

Cheers
Dave

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to hear an update from you, Dave, on here and in emails.

I look forward to see all the new stuff you have in store, along with the new website.

lefteye219

Enlightened
Great to hear the updates Dave.. Wow a new Tri-V, Totally waiting to get the newer version in SWGG. I guess I need to prepare the holiday shopping list now that we have had the update from you.. Keep the good work going...

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Thank you for the update. Good to know that you are still working on new projects. Can't wait to see what you have in store for a Tri-V3.

The only problem I've had with the Tri-V is pocket carry can be a bit awkward with the extended side to side profile to fit all the parts. As the aspheric is the light which doesn't get as much use as the flood and reflector I'd still love to see a Spy with the same sleek slim profile as the 007 but sporting a nice flood and a XP-G2 in the 18mm reflector for good throw. That would be a definite purchase for me.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lastly, I have been holding out on having my own website. I don't think I can hold out on that much longer. I get a constant barrage of questions from people who simply do not want to wade through this forum. I don't blame them. For the most part the website needs to be able to educate my new customers. If any of you have ideas on how that should look please send me an e-mail as I need to get started soon. A Cool Fall website will in no way supersede my presence here on Greta's CPF. Most of my peers here already have or have had their own websites and I believe generally it does more good than harm. Please don't expect it to be very fancy, at least not in the beginning.

Email sent :)

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tri-V3.

I'd love to know what emitters you're going with this time around. XP-G2 for reflector, XP-L for flood, and XP-E2 for the aspheric:devil:??

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

Thank you for the update. Good to know that you are still working on new projects. Can't wait to see what you have in store for a Tri-V3.

The only problem I've had with the Tri-V is pocket carry can be a bit awkward with the extended side to side profile to fit all the parts. As the aspheric is the light which doesn't get as much use as the flood and reflector I'd still love to see a Spy with the same sleek slim profile as the 007 but sporting a nice flood and a XP-G2 in the 18mm reflector for good throw. That would be a definite purchase for me.

Even thought my Tri V2 is my go to, EDC light, I concur with the above statement that the Aspheric gets the least amount of use.
I know it would entail some serious retooling, but a dual emitter 007, slim design would be the cat's meow. A bit larger of a reflector & a nice flood and I would use that as my EDC.

If you need me to beta test anything, I am more than willing to volunteer.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
QuanR, There are new emitters for sure in the new Tri-V. The ones you mentioned are excellent choices. I have more testing to do to lock it down yet.

Launch, One of the new flashlights I have been working on for quite a while is a flood and reflector combo. I totally agree, it's a very useful combination. However, having said that, I use the aspheric on my Tri-V all the time. I blast down through the woods to spot stuff a hundred yards away. I think its usefulness depends on how much outdoor time the light gets.

Cheers
Dave

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, recalling pictures of the woods where you live and built your treehouse I could see how you would get let's of use from the aspheric. It's great to hear that you are working a flood/reflector of sorts.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Launch, One of the new flashlights I have been working on for quite a while is a flood and reflector combo. I totally agree, it's a very useful combination. However, having said that, I use the aspheric on my Tri-V all the time. I blast down through the woods to spot stuff a hundred yards away. I think its usefulness depends on how much outdoor time the light gets.

There is a reason a I have two of these and EDC one all the time. :)

Cheers
Dave[/QUOTE]

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait to see what's in the works Dave :)

zeppo

Newly Enlightened
In for a small 007, like a .007!

Would be awesome if it would fit in the watchpocket

IsaacL

Enlightened
I would love to see some sort of high-tech clip added to an even lighter 007.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray, We need a pizza and beer night. :)

What is a high-tech clip? Is that a Ti clip or something adjustable/removable? :popcorn:

A couple pics of the new battery cap on a light. It should appear a little longer than the standard cap.

EU1C4643s.jpg

EU1C4644s.jpg

This is the inside of the new Cave. It is a distorted panorama pic from my phone.

2014-05-31 12.28.40s.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting, Dave. Is the new tail cap incorporating a pocket clip?
No :)

The battery cap is a new 007 cap that requires no tool to operate. I will be offering this cap as an option with new lights later this year.

If you look close you will see no release pin.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited: