Glow Tape

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Anyone use this stuff?? I'm talking mil spec high glow GITD tape not cheap stuff. Have any of you heard of it? I got it when I use to work on navel ships it's used to mark everything pways port holes anywhere you'd need to get when the power drops. I don't have a pic right now but ill post some they come in 50 foot rolls 50'x2" I cut this stuff and size it for so many freakin things. Everything I own has it and its the brightest GITD anything I've ever messed with. I will say when we would buy this stuff it was around $500 a roll xD

im just curious if anyone uses anything like this stuff at all :)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
5Edmqbc.jpg

am i the only one who does this on flashlights?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
There's no way I'm ever going to figure out how to post pics xD it never works..

Haha all my SF G series lights are checkered with the stuff. It took a long to to get ever piece the same tiny size and then placed perfectly.

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I've even gone as far as to cut thin 1/2 strips splice a few together bust open $20 label cartridge pull out the tape and replace it with the GITD tape so I can laser print GITD labels from my Brady BMP21 :) it's freakin sweet. I honestly can find something that glow tape wouldn't benefit.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
5Edmqbc.jpg

am i the only one who does this on flashlights?

I do it on quite a number of my lights, but usually around the bezels and tailcaps. Can be quite addictive in my case.....

Btw, is that a modded SAK?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do it on quite a number of my lights, but usually around the bezels and tailcaps. Can be quite addictive in my case.....

Btw, is that a modded SAK?

i grabbed this GITD tape from black-tactical at Funan. supposedly made by 3M. glows all night. out of stock now

yep modded. the one-hand Trekker and Outrider combined into one :)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
i grabbed this GITD tape from black-tactical at Funan. supposedly made by 3M. glows all night. out of stock now

yep modded. the one-hand Trekker and Outrider combined into one :)

Got my roll of glow tape from Art Friend, made in Japan by a company called Yamato.

(Damn, I want one of that SAK. So few SAKs with saw and scissors.....)

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I will say that my tape is 3M and I have the cage number if anyone is interested in knowing it. Seriously it glows better than anything GITD anything I've messed around with. I love the stuff and people always want some from me but then I feel like golem from lord of the rings and I don't wanna share my precious glow tape xD

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Actually after seeing that you said glows all night I lit some up in the sun one day threw it in a black case opened it 24 hours later and it was still visible enough to be useful in locating it in the dark.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will say that my tape is 3M and I have the cage number if anyone is interested in knowing it. Seriously it glows better than anything GITD anything I've messed around with. I love the stuff and people always want some from me but then I feel like golem from lord of the rings and I don't wanna share my precious glow tape xD

E4BrYOP.jpg

this is all i have left!!!!

you know where to get more?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my roll of glow tape from Art Friend, made in Japan by a company called Yamato.

(Damn, I want one of that SAK. So few SAKs with saw and scissors.....)

Our outlet at TAKASHIMAYA S.C. is moving out and the LAST DAY IS ON 20 APRIL 2014, SUNDAY.

We will reopen on Orchard road at a new location in December 2014! Check back on our website to find out where we will be!
Click here to understand why we are moving out.
Click here to find our other outlets.

art friend closed? what can you say about the yamato gitd? does it glow all night?

well the vic outrider does have scissors and saw. but uses weak "slider" lock and isn't one-hand opening. and i'd very much rather have a big philips than the corkscrew. so my modded is just exactly the way i want it :)

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, someone selling on fleabay; 3M Photoluminescent Film 7000PL Tape, this tape is used on US navy vessels, etc...

For search title includes - Glow Tape HIGEST GRADE Sheet 3M Bike Safety Visibility. The guy wants $8 for 8" (plus $8 shipping) - the price below is about $1 for 8" - but someone needs to put out ~$250 (if they buy two rolls the shipping is free).

Looking online, 2" x 50 yards is $228 (don't look at the 15" x 100 yard roll !!) (apdmro.com). I'd be interested in a couple (maybe 10 or 20) feet at a reasonable price.

Or - if folks are interested in 10 or 20 feet at a "reasonable markup" (say 50% with postage at cost in USA, instead of the 800% above with 1000% markup on postage)(less % markup on longer lengths...) I'll get it...

Copied from site;
3M 7000HPPL is the best, high-performance photoluminisescent adhesive backed product available from 3M. This is the new standard and out performs 6900 and previous products on the market.
Features

• Meets ASTM E207210, IMO A.752, OSHA 1910, 2000 IBC, DIN-67510 Part 4
  • Durable multilayer film
  • May be printed on with 3M Scotchcal Screen Printing Inks 1900 and 9800 or thermal transfer methods & ink jet
  • Materials are all non-radioactive
  • Excellent chemical and stain resistance
Applications and Uses

• Luminous signs and markings
  • Safety signage
  • Code compliant signage (Marine, Passenger rail and Military)

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some on a roll then saw it in sheet format claiming to be the best available on the flea,bought a sheet for £12 and it turned out to be as the seller said.I have used it on light switches etc as it was designed to help the elderly amongst hundreds of uses.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Interesting, someone selling on fleabay; 3M Photoluminescent Film 7000PL Tape, this tape is used on US navy vessels, etc...

For search title includes - Glow Tape HIGEST GRADE Sheet 3M Bike Safety Visibility. The guy wants $8 for 8" (plus $8 shipping) - the price below is about $1 for 8" - but someone needs to put out ~$250 (if they buy two rolls the shipping is free).

Looking online, 2" x 50 yards is $228 (don't look at the 15" x 100 yard roll !!) (apdmro.com). I'd be interested in a couple (maybe 10 or 20) feet at a reasonable price.

Or - if folks are interested in 10 or 20 feet at a "reasonable markup" (say 50% with postage at cost in USA, instead of the 800% above with 1000% markup on postage)(less % markup on longer lengths...) I'll get it...

Copied from site;
3M 7000HPPL is the best, high-performance photoluminisescent adhesive backed product available from 3M. This is the new standard and out performs 6900 and previous products on the market.
Features

• Meets ASTM E207210, IMO A.752, OSHA 1910, 2000 IBC, DIN-67510 Part 4
  • Durable multilayer film
  • May be printed on with 3M Scotchcal Screen Printing Inks 1900 and 9800 or thermal transfer methods & ink jet
  • Materials are all non-radioactive
  • Excellent chemical and stain resistance
Applications and Uses

• Luminous signs and markings
  • Safety signage
  • Code compliant signage (Marine, Passenger rail and Military)

This is the real stuff right here that I own if it is indeed 3M and its great stuff seriously. Those are the right specs. To know that it's the real stuff and not knock off of corse the peel of wax paper on the back will say 3M.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
This is the cage number for the stuff I have 3MN132PL search it in google and you'll find specs and places to buy it. I have about 120FT left of it but I'm kinda greedy with it. I'd have to price it fair if someone wanted some but I don't want to sell a lot of it.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, keep finding new ways to burn money. I mean, it is very cool stuff, but >$200 for a roll of tape is crazy. Is it really that expensive to make, or is it just marked up to ridiculous levels because there is no competition?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have been getting the GITD O-rings and just using them to make the lights harder to lose, etc. Its pennies per O-ring, so you can uses lots of them w/o breaking the bank.

:D

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, keep finding new ways to burn money. I mean, it is very cool stuff, but >$200 for a roll of tape is crazy. Is it really that expensive to make, or is it just marked up to ridiculous levels because there is no competition?

It must be as part of my job i sell reflective marking tape for use on emergency vehicles and that stuff is also mega bucks per roll but next time you see it in use at night you realise why.