SureFire P1R Peacekeeper rechargeable flashlight

Kif

Enlightened
I collect Surefire flashlights for years and this is my first time pre-order New Surefire flashlight. This is the first Surefire official made flashlight using 18650 rechargeable battery and I want to be the part of this history.
I ordered the B version which has dual LED output. 600 Lumens on high and 15 Lumens on low, and with clicky type tail cap.

The following are the photos

front side of box

back side of box

600 lumens with 1.75 hrs run time and 15 lumens with 46 hrs run time

box open view

P1R flashlight

18650 battery charger

using with indoor power cord

using with car 12V adapter

back side of the 18650 battery charger

the included 18650 is 2600 mAh

the battery was made in June 2014 (?)

It finally has newer CREE XML2 LED

Size comparison with Fury P2X and P3X

The lumens of the P1X is between P2X & P3X and the hot spots are all very similar. The P1R will be very handy in actual use even with a little bit expensive than Fury P2X

Update:
Post a photo with head battery contact side
There is a small spring like other newer Fury/6PX/G2X
It can use flat head 18650 without any problem
I only have AW protected 2600 mAh 18650 so I am not sure if the P1R can take bigger 18650

Top to bottom:
AW protected 18650 2600 mAh
Surefire 18650 2600 mAh
AW protected 18650 2200 mAh

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
just what i need. another surefire to add to my "to buy list". ha!

the P1R looks great. i like its styling more than the fury. pleasantly surprised it came with a XM-L2. :thumbsup:
any ideal where the charger was made? that charger is interesting. "employs CC/CV charging". lifetime warranty should apply to the charger as well?

thanks for sharing!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos. The battery looks like it might be unprotected, is that true? Did you see if any common 3400mAh cell would fit?

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1R is rated 1.7 and 46 hrs with the included battery, so if 3400 mAh cells fit, a bit of math tells us we'll get 2.2 hours on high and 60 hours in low? Awesome. :-D

Up All Night

Enlightened
Nice stuff!! Thanks for posting Kif!
Perhaps the first CPFer with SureFire's first factory 18650 torch? First poster for sure! Congrats!:thumbsup:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! If the battery here is unprotected then hopefully someone can test if it fits protected batteries.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos. The battery looks like it might be unprotected, is that true? Did you see if any common 3400mAh cell would fit?
How do you tell if a battery is protected or not? Is there something I should look for when ordering battery? Dealers like Fasttech in Hong Kong don't even know what a protected battery is when I emailed them to enquire. Considering the safety standards set by SF, I don't really think they would risk their reputation by providing an unprotected battery, but I am just making an assumption here.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you tell if a battery is protected or not? Is there something I should look for when ordering battery? Dealers like Fasttech in Hong Kong don't even know what a protected battery is when I emailed them to enquire. Considering the safety standards set by SF, I don't really think they would risk their reputation by providing an unprotected battery, but I am just making an assumption here.

You should be able to tell by looking at the wrapper on the battery. Also the size specs of the battery. Longer sized, ie. 68mm or more are usually protected, 65mm are usually unprotected.
http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/battery protection UK.html

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be able to tell by looking at the wrapper on the battery. Also the size specs of the battery. Longer sized, ie. 68mm or more are usually protected, 65mm are usually unprotected.
Thanks. I was just curious how StandardBattery could tell that it is an unprotected battery just by visual acquisition alone. Doesn't seem to indicate on the wrapper.

Kif

Enlightened
P1R is rated 1.7 and 46 hrs with the included battery, so if 3400 mAh cells fit, a bit of math tells us we'll get 2.2 hours on high and 60 hours in low? Awesome. :-D
I don't have bigger 18650 so I am not sure if P1R can fit bigger battery
There are still some room when putting in 2600 mAh 18650 though

I guess this Surefire 18650 is protected since there is a small diameter change in the tail side of the battery
I also update a photo compared with other AW batteries

Up All Night

Enlightened
The battery photos would seem to show they are protected. The head-on shot looks like a circuit running the length of the battery under the wrapper and the other shots appear to show a board added on the negative end. The boards are typically slightly smaller and are not always centred.
My only experience with unprotected 18650s are from drill packs and they are the same diameter right down to the negative plate, no taper under the wrapper.
I would agree with pj, I can`t see SureFire putting out a rechargeable LiCo battery without a pcb. But hey, I`ve been wrong before!

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire battery does look like it is protected to me as well, based on the photo provided. I also seriously doubt that Surefire would sell or include an unprotected cell with this new light.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery photos would seem to show they are protected. The head-on shot looks like a circuit running the length of the battery under the wrapper and the other shots appear to show a board added on the negative end. The boards are typically slightly smaller and are not always centred.
My only experience with unprotected 18650s are from drill packs and they are the same diameter right down to the negative plate, no taper under the wrapper.
I would agree with pj, I can`t see SureFire putting out a rechargeable LiCo battery without a pcb. But hey, I`ve been wrong before!
That was what I noticed too when looking at the head-on photo of the battery.