Glow in the dark paint to distinguish mode & on/off switches?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Curious if anyone out there has experience with painting/marking their flashlights with glow in the dark paint to make them easier to find (side switches such as the TK15/22) or to distinguish with different colors mode switches?

Is there such a thing as glow in the dark paint that holds up for a long time and still glows when the light has been in the dark for a while?

I'm thinking it be nice for things like:

Thrunite TN31 - show low & Turbo on the control ring so I don't turn past turbo to "standby" or the dreaded "strobe."
Fenix TK 75 - different colors to distinguish different buttons in the dark.
Thrunight Scorpion - Alignment points so when I need it to come on in moonlight I don't over rotate to strobe which is right next to it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a similar thread running on tape on the forum,personally i bought a sheet of excellent quality glow paper and cut out little bits for certain lights and it made a neat job,my paper or sheet was self adhesive and never had an issue of it peeling off.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glow tapes/films are nice but I've found most adhesives fail.
Glow length is best with aluminum strontium type glow material, zinc oxide types suck.
The best method ice found is mixing a good flow powder into a quality clear epoxy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Candlepowerforums mobile app